RubberBullets

Midway USA Independence 5.56 M193 $219 for 500

I'm pretty pissed. I tried to order and the site went down. It was on the last page of checkout too.

-Edit-

Thinking about it, I'd rather spend $200.00 on reloading equipment at this point and some materials. I don't think these prices are ever going to go down and are here to stay.

I just got that email too, I lol'd when I saw the price of $324.95 for 500 rounds http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FAXM193IC&src=exrbSrch

Yeah I was tempted thinking how hard it is to get ammo. But said fugg and will hold out for another month and see what happens with ammo

Yeah I was tempted thinking how hard it is to get ammo. But said fugg and will hold out for another month and see what happens with ammo

Im not planning on buying any ammo at these insane prices right now. Makes me glad I bought m193 in march of last year for less than $300 per k shipped and stashed some of it away for a rainy day.

got my confirmation from midway today they cancelled my order. :(

worse, instead of letting me know, they shipped the rest of my order that I intended to use with that ammo. Kinda useless to have targets if I've got no bullets to throw at them targets. :angry:

I've ordered from Midway dozens of times, spent thousands. This, is the first time they've messed up so poorly. stuff happens I guess. but they told me to go ahead and ship the stuff I don't want back, and they'll pay for shipping. That's nice I guess.

Midway cancelled my order for the 223 ammo as well. Miscalculated how much they actually had to sell I guess. Oh well, thats how it goes sometimes.

got my confirmation from midway today they cancelled my order. :(

worse, instead of letting me know, they shipped the rest of my order that I intended to use with that ammo. Kinda useless to have targets if I've got no bullets to throw at them targets. :angry:

I've ordered from Midway dozens of times, spent thousands. This, is the first time they've messed up so poorly. stuff happens I guess. but they told me to go ahead and ship the stuff I don't want back, and they'll pay for shipping. That's nice I guess.

I don't think these prices are ever going to go down and are here to stay.

It's not as if the primary cause of the increased prices is the cost of producing ammo, and manufacturing rates for ammunition are going to increase, or stay the same at absolute worst. Gradually, the available ammo being supplied by the market at the elevated prices will exceed the remaining demand for ammunition at that price, at which point suppliers will start to compete with eachother and keep their sales steady by gradually backing off the elevated pricing.

Even now there are suppliers who have made much less dramatic changes to their prices, which leaves them perpetually sold out during all but the briefest windows of time. As the amount of ammunition on the market gets back to a more normal equilibrium, the windows of opportunity to buy ammunition from those suppliers will gradually increase.

I'm not saying we'll ever get all the way back down to past pricing, but I don't really see any reason to believe the current situation is truly permanent.

Thank you for posting this - I received mine today.

The UPS delivery man told my wife that they can not leave ammunition orders at the door anymore and that they have to be signed for. Good thing she was home. If this is true it will definitely cause some inconveniences in the future.