Kaiser7

Someone please make a list of contact info for politicians

I tried searching, perhaps I've missed it, and I'm not sure where to go to get all this, but would someone compile a list of what politicians are supporting which anti-gun bill, both federal and state, so we know who to contact regarding what.

I think that we should sticky that too. The easier we make it for people to contact legislators, the more people will voice their opposition to new gun control.

I'm just a little lost in the sauce regarding who, what, and where with the deluge of anti-gun legislation being introduced.

Here is a partiallist of the most recent bills, with sponsors and their contact info-

• Assembly Bill 3664 sponsored by Representatives Joseph Cryan (D-20), Jason O’Donnell (D-31), and Mila Jasey (D-27) reduces lawful maximum capacity of certain ammunition magazines in New Jersey.

• Assembly Bill 3676 sponsored by Representative Angelica Jimenez (D-32) requires a psychological evaluation and in-home inspection as prerequisite to purchase firearm.

• Assembly Bill 3688 sponsored by Representatives Charles Mainor (D-31) and Angelica Jimenez (D-32) requires a mental health evaluation and list of household members with mental illness before one may purchase firearm.

• Senate Bill 2464 sponsored by Senator Shirley Turner (D-15) regulates the sale and transfer of rifle and shotgun ammunition.

• Assembly Bill 3659 sponsored by Representative Peter Barnes (D-18) Revises the definition of destructive device to include certain weapons of 50 caliber or greater.

• Assembly Bill 3666 sponsored by Representatives Joseph Cryan (D-20), Jason O’Donnell (D-31), and Mila Jasey (D-27), along with its companion, Senate Bill 2465, prohibits mail order, internet, telephone, and any other “anonymous method” of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.

Joseph Cryan

Email Address- [email protected]

p (908) 624-0880

f (908) 624-0587

Angelica Jiminez

Phone- (201) 223-4247

Fax- None

Charles Mainor

p (201) 536-7851

f (201) 536-7854

Shirley Turner

Phone- 609-530-3277

Fax- 609-530-3292

Peter Barnes

p (732) 548-1406

f (732) 548-1623

Jason O’Donnell

p (201) 436-0961

f (201) 436-0964

Mila Jasey

p (973) 762-1886

f (973) 762-6118

I have almost completed a Microsoft Outlook contacts list, which I can export to a .pst file. Anyone using Outlook or Outlook Express can import that file as a separate contacts list. (So it's not intermingled with your personal contacts.)

The list has phone, fax, email, office address, district number and full title and name for every state rep. It also has two pre-built groups for emailing and faxing all members of the Senate and Assembly Law & Public Safety committee. I'm going to construct two more lists for Republicans and Democrats. To taylor my message more precisely. Of course you can also construct your own groups from the list members as you see fit.

The source of the information was the .xls file on the state web site, augmented by information from njcommunityresources.info. It took me last weekend to massage it into shape, and correct the errors in the state data.

In a Windows environment, and especially with Microsoft Office, faxes, emails and envelopes/letters can be automatically generated from this list with as much customization as you care to give it.

Last night I faxed all 15 committee members and the two majority offices in one move on my computer. Automatically.

If anyone thinks this would be a useful tool to have, I'll be happy to share it in some manner.

Any tool which would be helpful would be great. This should be stickied.

And thanks JM1827, This is really useful, I already wrote one letter to Cryan, this will make it easy to voice our opposition to the trampling of our rights.

Calls and faxes should take priority. Emails are fine too if you want to send lots every day. Minimum 1 phone call and 1 fax before you even email. I signed up for a service called hellofax. I just faxed ALL those legislators above in one shot. It also saves the document in your profile, so you can just repeat every day. EVERY DAY. At this point, the federal AWB is incredibly toxic, and the federal magazine ban isn't going so hot either, so our BIGGEST threat is the NJ Assembly and Senate. We cannot take a breath. We need to keep pushing on this. Stop squabbling over high prices in the classifieds or about black helicopters shooting blanks. DO NOT GET DISTRACTED.

My goal is to post on the Internet, by 2/1, an Outlook .pst file that is complete and up to date. With distribution lists built in. I'm still trying to fill in some of the blank data. When I'm ready I'll make a separate post for anyone who uses a version of Outlook.

My goal is to post on the Internet, by 2/1, an Outlook .pst file that is complete and up to date. With distribution lists built in. I'm still trying to fill in some of the blank data. When I'm ready I'll make a separate post for anyone who uses a version of Outlook.

If you do, I can host with other contact documents I'm already doing.