mikeytapz13

any guys with CT ccw

hey guys sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, i am a newbie...So currently i have my utah ccw, ive had it for just over a year, and its been great since i do a lot of traveling to PA, as well as down south..My question is does anyone whom has their utah ccw also have a non-resident CT. As i mentioned i am becoming a doctor, and travel everyday to and from CT from NJ. With that in mind i thought it would be a good idea to have a non-resident CT permit. has anyone been through the process of applying for such? Any input from you guys would be great. It seems if i ask 10 people i get 10 different ways of approaching this(LEO included).

Yes. I have one. you need the 8 hour nra basic pistol and you have to call this # 860-685-8494 for the forms to be sent to you.

Here is the additional info - http://www.usacarry.com/connecticut_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

hey thanks a lot, i actually did my utah ccw through GFH and it was great so thanks for that!( i believe Anthony was my instructor). I contacted you guys a while back to take the Basic however with my schedule it hard to make a scheduled class, are their any private classes offered?

hey thanks a lot, i actually did my utah ccw through GFH and it was great so thanks for that!( i believe Anthony was my instructor). I contacted you guys a while back to take the Basic however with my schedule it hard to make a scheduled class, are their any private classes offered?

You are welcome (this is Anthony) email [email protected], he will hook you up. The CT is a bit of a pain, two print cards, etc, etc, but worth it if you travel there like I do.

Ant

Anthony is on the money. You have to take nra basic as they do not accept first steps.

The good news is that CT is a "shall issue" state in practice so once you're qualified you'll get it.

And I believe that CT doesn't really have a "CCW permit" per se. They have a pistol permit which allows carry, either openly or concealed.

CT is a may issue state but has an appeals process that makes it effectively shall issue. Most people get it without a problem. The downside is that they jacked the price of a ccw permit to nearly $200 each renewal now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

does anyone know what to put in the box " Reason for Permit" on the DPS-46-C form?

I am not sure what to put there.....Becasue I want one, becasue I feel like getting one? not sure.

Never mind, Just called them. They asked my why I wanted it. So I said for personal protection. And she said that was the correct response.

CT is a may issue state but has an appeals process that makes it effectively shall issue. Most people get it without a problem. The downside is that they jacked the price of a ccw permit to nearly $200 each renewal now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When did that happen? I thought it was like $70 initial, 35 renewal.

When did that happen? I thought it was like $70 initial, 35 renewal.

The pricing breakdown

$70 for application process

$50 CT Fingerpring processing They dont actually do the printing of your fingers to the card, just processing that card.

$16.50 for FBI Fingerprint processing.

Total $136.50

Plus you need to take a NRA Basic Pistol course with live fire. Cheapest I found was $135.00 in CT.

does anyone know what to put in the box " Reason for Permit" on the DPS-46-C form?

I am not sure what to put there.....Becasue I want one, becasue I feel like getting one? not sure.

I just put I travel to CT often for work and stay for weeks at a time.

Agree with everyone's post here. Easy to get, lots of paper work. Got mine in about 45 days about 7 months ago. Also no one above mentioned that you do need to show that you already have a ccw from another state for the CT non-resident. It doesn't have to be from your home state, any state will do. I made a copy of my FL ccw license and included that in the package.