Kaiser7

So, tricky wording allows Federal AWB bans ALL semi-automatic firearms

:icon_cry:

Below is the actual bill.

Assault Weapon Rifle (page 2) pistol grip, forward grip, telescoping stock, grenade launcher, barrel shroud, threaded barrel.

Assault Weapon Pistol (page 3) is threaded barrel, second pistol grip, barrel shroud, magazine seats outside of pistol grip, or semiautomatic version of automatic firearm.

So no, your Glock G19 is safe. But your Glock 17 might be in trouble, because it is a semiautomatic version of the selective-fire Glock G18.

Would they argue that a straight-stock rifle is a "pistol grip"? Muhahaha. Lots of hunters out there saying, "oh ban ARs! What do we care they FUGLY!" That'd be karma.

http://www.feinstein...2f-69e69f517fb4

It is false. Makes me wonder what kind of "experts" we have working our side. :icon_cry:

Below is the actual bill.

Assault Weapon Rifle (page 2) pistol grip, forward grip, telescoping stock, grenade launcher, barrel shroud, threaded barrel.

Assault Weapon Pistol (page 3) is threaded barrel, second pistol grip, barrel shroud, magazine seats outside of pistol grip, or semiautomatic version of automatic firearm.

So no, you Glock G19 is safe. But your Glock 17 might be in trouble, because it is a semiautomatic version of the selective-fire Glock G18.

http://www.feinstein...2f-69e69f517fb4

That "Semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm" clause is a little too vague...

Is an AR15 a "Semi-automatic version of an automatic" M16? They're playing the NJ game-- make it vague to expand the meaning of the original law.

These bills are going nowhere. Keep calling them and faxing them. They are getting the message.

99% of this legislation will die, 100% will NOT be signed by the gov...

Not if he wants to try for president anyway. Not that I'd really like a status-quo gun rights president.

I was referring to the federal ban though.

Guys, that same wording already exists in NJ's AWB. The Glock 17 is not a semi-auto version of a full-auto firearm. The Glock 18 is a full-auto version of a semi-auto firearm.

An example of a semi-auto version of a full-auto firearm would be the new Auto Ordinance Tommy guns, since the original design was a sub gun. I know the statute would apply only to pistols, but I can't think of any full-auto pistols offhand