Sign in to follow this  
Chvl67

Reference Relationship

Changing address. Of should I say, FID lost in the move.

Insane the process starts all over, with the crazy turnarounds.

Wife getting initial.

As for references, I was always told it can't hurt to have them be current FID owners.

So..

For me:

Next door neighbor

Father in law. But would he be considered "related"? After all, I made the CHOICE to join the family.

Wife:

Next door neighbor

Other next door neighbors

Again, all references already have FID, so thought it would be a good idea.

Opinions?

you are in luck from pizzabob form 003

Interesting. While you can use the STS-033 Application form (there is a box to check at the top, for a change of address), you would be better off to use the STS-003 form referenced in the NJ Administrative Code, which is specifically for the change of address, duplicate card etc. The benefit being that there are no fields on this form for either employer information or for personal references. The NJAC speciifes a non-criminal background check also - which infers to me the use of the SP-212A form, but a CLEO could probably use it to justify re-printing.

FYI: The STS-003 and the SP-066 can both be downloaded from the NJSP site. I wouldn't even ask the local PD, I'd just fill out the forms and present them as a fait accompli - if you're really ballsy - tell them you have your $18 MO for the SP-212A also - may pre-empt any talk of re-printing.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So wait a sec-I can use STS-003? The State Police handed me their fancy packet with a checklist accompanying what I'm remitting, and STS-033, SP66, and SBI-212a were for my address change and P2P request.

And yep, we can both use the neighbors.