Clintoon Eastwood

It's really that bad out there? Seriously wtf

So is it time for me to start selling dime bags of 22lr yet?? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Local range by me is breaking up Federal Bulk ammo and selling them in bags of 100 for $8. I was posting on gun forums that we would be seeing an AWB bill introduced and I was pooh poohed. Ya heard me, pooh poohed. However I am the guy with 1000 rounds of each caliber I shoot with another 500 already ordered from a place that had it in stock but will not ship for a few weeks due to volume. Pooh on the naysayers who said I was nuts and now will pay me double for my ammo but they are not going to get any. The nicest I am is selling a box of .380 to my cousin for what I paid for it two months ago. :). Unfortunately he is only used to buying WWB at Wal-Mart and ordered 500 rounds of .22lr online and did not read or know what he was getting and ended up with 500 rounds of snake shot. :) Now he is stuck with it and no snakes around here. :)

Tell you what, you do what you want with your ammo, and I'll do what I want with the ammo I bought for a much lower price than I can get for right now. How much is "some" to keep for shtf? Who is to say that a certain amount is all we need, or that we should do exactly a certain thing with what I buy? See where I'm going with this?

As for it being a disservice, Thats your opinion. I totally disagree with it because it's mine to do what I please with, and don't feel like my ammo should be given an expiration date. Chill out with what YOU think, and try to understand why others do the things they do. Ammo manufacturers have already stated they may not catch up on production for a year. The feds have been making more contracts, which obviously will be handled before the civilian market. So when thinking about what-ifs, think about what could happen if they kept making more contracts.

Hey buddy, you asked, I answered. Untwist your panties.

Did you get into guns to shoot or to stare at a pile of ammo?

People have the right to do as they choose with their ammo, I believe everything should be done within moderation. You should treat your ammo like its money in some senses, some gets saved for a rainy day some is expendable and you use that for enjoyment, what is considered moderation is up to that person. I don't believe a person laying on crates of ammo in their basement just basking the reflection of brass and army green colored ammo cans is the way to live. If you dont have a supply of ammo that's expendable that's understandable and you just sit on what you have until it financially makes sense to shoot for enjoyment.

Maybe this situation has taught us all we need to plan months or years ahead in our ammo consumption, if you know you shoot 3 boxes of ammo every time you go to range for fun and you go once a week maybe get money together and when prices are acceptable you buy 72+ boxes to last you for 6 months of "fun".

Lets get down to the truth of the matter though when SHTF, if SHTF and it became a dog eat dog world although most of us like to think hey we have a good chance of survival and can hold our own. The truth is odds are high most of us would be killed or die of other reasons before we could use up our ammo supplies we Thought we needed. Lets consider our actual ammo usage,say you have a good position, you can guard it well and you can be notified of threats with some sort of decent time frame. You will not be unloading magazine after magazine of ammo that gives away your presence and also shows your potential enemies where to focus on. Lets assume it takes you 15 rounds to kill someone that is coming upon your camp or wherever you held up. If you have 1000 rounds in your stock pile you have the reasonable ability to kill 66 people. Highest confirmed kills is 255 by a soldier and he only got that high because it was staking out people as a sniper.Most of us on the ammo end are over prepared, I say this with high certainty most of our stock piles will out live us in conflict. Hording ammo is a mentality and an obsession for some, the logic behind it is very limited.

Hey buddy, you asked, I answered. Untwist your panties.

Did you get into guns to shoot or to stare at a pile of ammo?

No panties, no twist. Not everyone is out to argue with you. First you asked, I answered. As for my guns? I have them for a multitude of reasons. I don't have them based on going to a range to shoot paper. I have for their practical use of defense. What good is a defense tool, if I don't have the ammo? Any other smart-ass comments?

No panties, no twist. Not everyone is out to argue with you. First you asked, I answered. As for my guns? I have them for a multitude of reasons. I don't have them based on going to a range to shoot paper. I have for their practical use of defense. What good is a defense tool, if I don't have the ammo? Any other smart-ass comments?

What good is a self defense tool if it sits there unused while you sit there with a boner while you look lovingly at your ammo instead of practicing? Fact of the matter is that a lot of people punch paper at ranges to practice self defense skills and to keep those skills sharp. These skills degrade pretty quickly without practice.

Since you skipped over it the first time, I'll say it again. I'm not saying to go send all your ammo downrange. Obviously keep some for self defense. If you are sitting on 5k of rounds then you have plenty to shoot with. If you need 5k of rounds for shtf you've got much bigger problems to deal with. Nevermind the fact that a big stash of ammo isnt easy to move or carry.

My opinion stands, if you are sitting on a large amount of ammo and not shooting it out of "what if" reasons you are wasting that ammo and not experiencing the fun of shooting. If thats the case, you're a hoarder, not a shooter. To each his own.