I have an itch to try out something in 4.6 x 30mm. Does anyone know who might be working on an AR upper assembly or a pistol in this caliber?

Apparently HK canned the UCP: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/126642-hk-ucp.html.

I would really like to see what this caliber does in a full-length barrel.

Havent heard of any major manf. planning to make an upper in this caliber, but stranger things have happened. The 5.7 AR upper for example which uses p90 mags

I actually have an AR-57 upper. The introduction of a 4.6 upper would need to go hand in hand with an ammo importation arrangement.

I don't think (but could be wrong) that there are ANY firearms available to civilians that use 4.6.

I'm a bit of an H&K fanboy honestly, and a lover of unusual calibers, so I've often checked to see if there were any civilian mp-7s out there. Sadly there are not, and honestly H&K really doesn't care much about civilian sales.

Ironic since they PRETEND they do, I remember their US branch president on Sons of Guns, talking about their product or something. It took me a few minutes to think of any H&K gun which is commonly sold to civilians. I know they DO exist, but they really don't court that market.