everettdavis

Dragunov finally found

Got this baby off of gunbroker.com still waiting for it too arrive and just loving the idea off shooting a million rounds of 7.62x54r and not going broke doing it. I have been told though it is not advisable to put rounds with a weight over 150grains in these anybody ever hear anything about that?

post-6217-0-10616200-1360506993_thumb.jpg

post-6217-0-43542500-1360507008_thumb.jpg

I hate to pee in your Cheerios but that is a PSL not a dragunov. I hope you didn't pay SVD price for that! I got my PSL about 4 years ago with scope and 4 mags for 700, meanwhile Dragunovs were about $3000. I swapped scopes and added the cheek and butt pad to make it more tall person friendly.

DSC00798.jpg

Google the web for light ball vs heavy ball in a Romanian PSL and you ll find different information mostly pointing to the light ball only in a Romanian PSL due to rear end of reciever damage with light ball.

When i had my PSL i used

brass case Prvi Partizan 150gr SP and FMJ

Ulyanovsk 148gr FMJ polymer coated steel case

I hate to pee in your Cheerios but that is a PSL not a dragunov. I hope you didn't pay SVD price for that! I got my PSL about 4 years ago with scope and 4 mags for 700, meanwhile Dragunovs were about $3000. I swapped scopes and added the cheek and butt pad to make it more tall person friendly.

DSC00798.jpg

$3000.00 Maybe 2-3 years ago, last 3 on gun broker that went over the last 3 months were $4500.00-$6000.00 for a real SVDTiger. Light ball only in the PSL, The receiver is not going to stand up to excessive use with heavy ball ammo espically the 182gr russian match.

$3000.00 Maybe 2-3 years ago, last 3 on gun broker that went over the last 3 months were $4500.00-$6000.00 for a real SVDTiger. Light ball only in the PSL, The receiver is not going to stand up to excessive use with heavy ball ammo espically the 182gr russian match.

As I said above, it was 4 years ago. Everything is more expensive now...

Cherios are dry I know it is the Romainian I love collecting and go for quantity not quality because I take junkers and turn them into shooting pieces looking like they just came off the production line still keeping them period correct with all original pieces

the Russians are waaaaayyyyy to much

to give you an example I paid $800 for a legit MIC Garand in poor condition the barrell and receiver needed extensive work and after we were done we brought it to a $2500 to $3000 range looking brand new

before I would go $4000 for a russian I would put the money out for an MID with original scope and mount or an enfield with the correct scope and mount