Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman1

Smith & Wesson Legislative Contact Site

Smith & Wesson is reaching out and asking their fellow American industry associates, partners, friends, and families to support them in their efforts to preserve our Second Amendment rights.

Smith & Wesson has created an online form that makes it easy to contact your local and federal officials directly and send a message to multiple recipients with one click. The Take Action Now! button allows you to send a prepared email letter quickly and easily. The Find Your Representatives button has detailed contact information for each of your legislators so, if you prefer, you can call them or write a personal letter.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/2nd-amendment-forum/296244-contact-your-legislators-smith-wesson-made-easy.html

$and W's canned message:

"Dear (Recipient),

As a law-abiding citizen and a responsible gun owner, I am deeply saddened by the recent tragedies and I support efforts to curb violence in all forms. However, I do not support the efforts of Congress, the White House or any lawmaker who seeks to restrict my rights under the Second Amendment, or to impose new restrictions on me and other law-abiding firearm owners.

Rather, I support a comprehensive approach to preventing violence in our communities through a thorough evaluation of the challenges we face. That review must include the enforcement of existing laws, the need for heightened security approaches, and greater consideration on how to better manage the acutely mentally ill.

As a law-abiding citizen and a constituent, I ask that you represent me in these matters.

Sincerely,

(Your Contact Information)"

Seems awfully weak to me after some of the stuff I have written and seen others here write.....I might reword it like this:

Dear (Recipient),

As a law-abiding Weapons Manufacturer, We are deeply saddened by the recent tragedies and we support efforts to curb violence in all forms. However, we do not support the efforts of Congress, the White House or any lawmaker who seeks to restrict the rights of our citizens under the Second Amendment, or to impose new restrictions on our company and law-abiding firearm owners.

Rather, we support a comprehensive approach to preventing overreaching Government from gaining a Power advantage, at the expense of Gun Owning citizens, through a thorough evaluation of our contracts with said Government agencies.. That review must include the withdrawl of any weapons that are not available to the general citizenry.

The need for heightened security approaches, and greater consideration on how to better manage the acutely mentally ill among our Legislators is a high priority, as they should not be entrusted with weapons of greater power than those of the People.

As a law-abiding Manufacturer and employer of many of your constituents, we ask that you represent us in these matters.

Sincerely,

The Smith and Wesson company (or company of your choice)