SJG

Mainor response to my Email

This is Mainor's response to my recent e mail to him and my original e mail. I intend to take him up on his offer and discuss the matter further, in person if possible, but on the phone if not. Your comments are welcome, but if you contact him or e mail him further, please do not reference his response to my e mail. The "well is already poisoned" and we don't need to poison it more.

I have read your email and I thank you for contacting me. Let me start by saying I don't want to hurt anyone, and I do understand the passion that many citizens have towards this issue. I would be the first to admit that I don't look at gun ownership as you do, and it is important that I listen to you. I did try, but at the meeting the crowd began to disrespect me and at that time I stopped paying attention. By responding that way, I may have missed the testimony that would have allowed me to see things differently. I want you to understand that I too am very passionate with my stand on guns, and I continue to reflect on the babies we lost in Connecticut. Since that incident, I tend to look one way, and I shouldn't. So I'm asking you to please give me a call and allow me to listen to your concerns and I can then explain my mind. All I ask is if we see that we can't agree, please let us end the conversation by agreeing not to agree. I'm asking you call my office, if I'm not there please leave your number and I'll return your call.

Respectfully,

Asm. Charles Mainor

February 15, 2013

The Honorable Charles Mainor

New Jersey General Assembly

PO Box 098

Trenton, NJ 08625-0098

Dear Assemblymember Mainor:

Although I was not able to attend "your meeting" on proposed gun

legislation, I did listen to it on the internet. It was readily apparent

at the outset, that you had a closed mind on the subject despite some

articulate views expressed by many citizens who attended the meeting.

I can appreciate the utter frustration of those ordinary citizens who

attended and wished to express their opinions on so important a subject.

The "hearing" was a sham and conducted in an inequitable and rude manner.

The following quotation pretty much sums up the inherent danger in what

you are trying to accomplish by ramming through legislation that does not

offer a realistic solution to the problems our society faces regarding

violence in America. "Experience teaches us to be most on our guard to

protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficent. Louis D.

Brandeis (Justice, United States Supreme Court)

Well, he says he is passionate bout his view, wee give him heck, as we all know, passion with emotions vs. facts, well I won't say reasonable, let say, any intelligent person should be able to see through the feel good do nothing proposed BS that is in front of us. However I think the key word in the sentence I wrote may be intelligent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk