NorthJersey

Permanently Affixed Threaded to a "four-ball" Coupler Adapter

The muzzle device on my Carbon 15 upper attaches to the barrel using a coupler much like one sees on an air hose. In the case of the Carbon 15, the balls on the coupler lock into little dimples on the barrel.

I'm would like to do something similar for New Jersey compliance, by permanenly affixing a male adapter to a rifle or pistol barrel to remove the threads and replicate the Carbon 15 approach to AWB compliance.

Is anyone aware of such an adapter?

Bushmaster used to make an 'opposite' device.

It had the female coupler on one end and AR-muzzle threads on the other.

Mine arrived with an A2 flash hider properly indexed.

The factory muzzle brake was permanently attached to a female coupler, for easy removal, or disassembly of the firearm.

To do what you're asking would likely involve machining the muzzle to accept the coupler.

Good luck with that!

The muzzle device on my Carbon 15 upper attaches to the barrel using a coupler much like one sees on an air hose. In the case of the Carbon 15, the balls on the coupler lock into little dimples on the barrel.

I'm would like to do something similar for New Jersey compliance, by permanenly affixing a male adapter to a rifle or pistol barrel to remove the threads and replicate the Carbon 15 approach to AWB compliance.

Is anyone aware of such an adapter?

I believe you are compliant. Raz-0 talked about it in another post.

I have purchased a couple of weapons that need to be brought into compliance, e.g., 50+ oz. pistol with a threaded barrel (magazine in the grip). I would rather not be locked in to one muzzle accessory. Since threads on my barrel present an undue threat to the peace-loving people of New Jersey, I wanted to use an adapter like the Bushmaster accessory you described. I think this would be an attractive option for customers who need their weapons neutered for NJ.