HODGIE

Just added a few Argentine Mausers to the safe. pic heavy)

A few weeks back I came across a sporterized Argentine Mauser on gunbroker that I fell in love with. Typically I hate almost every mil-surplus rifle that ends up a Bubba or in some bad cheap commercial stock all hacked up with some gay 60's checkering pattern. I really felt this was the exception. I ended up watching the auction until the last 30 minutes after no other bids I got it for the opening bid which was $375.00. I did call the sellers shop a few days earlier in Orlando to ask a few questions regarding it. They were very helpful and answered all my questions as best as they could. It's all 100% matching no import marks and still in the original caliber and matching numbered stock. Only real damage is at the bore there is a spot on the outer barrel that is chipped in one small spot. It does not effect the crown which looks good or the rifling.

A few days after I won that auction, I made a trade with Junkmanted for a Argentine Mauser still in it's surplus glory. She is a real cherry too. All numbers match including the cleaning rod, the only disappointment is that the top of the receiver was scrubbed a bit. Why I don't know? but over all it's in excellent shape, small amount of pitting but nothing that cannot not be cleaned up and restored.

The scope is a original Banner by Bushnell in a Buehler mount which from what I see would be period correct. The len's show some fog but I am going to disassemble and see what I can do if

It's beyond my abilities then I may have it refurbished.

IMG_4649640x404_zpsf27a0c46.jpg

IMG_4648640x419_zps81fb8b8e.jpg

IMG_4647640x427_zpsd3f1a1eb.jpg

IMG_4644640x426_zps27e8ef4d.jpg

IMG_4643640x426_zps57a996d9.jpg

IMG_4642640x418_zps36640426.jpg

IMG_4640640x426_zpsf36ecc62.jpg

Congrats, those are nice guns!

I have an argentinian mauser coming this week??? (day 6 of nics). All numbers match except for the cleaning rod. I can't wait to shoot it!

Yeah Im looking forward to gettng out to the range with both of them once the weather clears.

Yeah Im looking forward to gettng out to the range with both of them once the weather clears.

Let me know how you like them. I just kinda stumbled across mine, price was right and it included 250 rounds in the purchase so I picked it up. I was really looking for a German Mauser.