bullpin

Selling a rifle to pa res.

Hi there, I'm not one for selling firearms but my buddy really wants one of my ar's. do I need any kind of paperwork to sell him it? I've never done any kind of FTC transfer. I would think with him being from pa I might not need anything. Thanks in advance .

Check the link to the gun laws guide in my sig.

2. Long gun purchases by

....B. Non-resident from

........(1) NJ dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID

........(2) NJ resident = must be transferred through

............a. NJ dealer = NICS check with a FPID, COE and Photo ID or

............b. Out-of-state dealer = consult buyer's home state laws

You can hand carry the rifle to a PA FFL, meet your friend there, and have them do the transfer. Technically it could be transferred by a NJ FFL also, but in that case your PA buyer would need a NJ FPID. Simpler to go through the PA FFL.

FTF interstate sales are prohibited by federal law.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

To build on this question. If I sell a long arm to a PA resident:

• Is it ok for me to ship to the FFL in PA or does it have to be NJ FFL to PA FFL.
  • Assuming I can ship directly to the PA FFL, is there any paper work that I would receive back to document the transfer from the PA FFL for my records?

To build on this question. If I sell a long arm to a PA resident:

Is it ok for me to ship to the FFL in PA or does it have to be NJ FFL to PA FFL.

Assuming I can ship directly to the PA FFL, is there any paper work that I would receive back to document the transfer from the PA FFL for my records?

Yes you can ship directly to the FFL. Since it is a long gun you can ship via USPS.

Not unless you request something. Also make sure that the FFL is willing to accept shipment from a non-FFL, and they may require some kind of ID from you.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I did this not too long ago. I was transfering the long gun to my brother in law for his 50th birthday.

I went to 1 dealer in Easton who said they cannot do it. I would have to do it in NJ. I went to the other dealer in Easton and they said they could do it but they were super busy so we did not do it.

We then went to a local dealer around where my brother in law lives. They were not quite sure but agreed to do it. I got a receipt saying they transferred the rifle. They ran NICS check on my brother in law and pretty much that was it. I'm not 100% sure if I was supposed to get anything else other than a receipt though.