Sign in to follow this  
TRPC_SHOOTER

PRP Drop in Trigger Kit for XDM

Just wanted to share my experience with the PRP drop-in trigger kit for the XDM's. This works on all XDM models. The stated pull-weight before the kit is 6-8 lbs. After the install reportedly around 3.5-4.5 lbs. I do not have a measuring tool to test myself but I can say that there is definitely a noticeable and overall difference. It's also designed to have an SRT-like benefit as well.

The install took about 20-30 minutes if you take care and the time to make sure it's done right. There are several steps that are absolutely critical for a proper install. I would recommend the PRP video as found on youtube (links available on their website). I did not opt for the match kit as there is often some minor fitting required either with some sandpaper or a file.

I would say that the kit is very nice, but a bit pricey at around 125 bucks direct from PRP. I believe it was a worthwhile purchase and plan to install it on my 5.25" 45ACP XDM as well.

-C

I have the ultimate match trigger that I installed a few weeks ago.. there is some filing involved and i did that over a knife sharpening block, the results is like having an all new gun. the new trigger pull is pretty much right on 4lbs, the over travel is completely gone, the trigger does requires a good amount of filing to fit properly to engage. doesn't take too long to install and totally worth it. Have it in my 5.25, might even install it on my other 5.25