triton200

Trigger work??

I have a Sig 226 in 9mm and a AR and here's my problem. Back in they day i cut the tip of my index finger off and find it hard sometimes to pull the trigger. I know there are many topics on different triggers and such but before i buy i'd like to try different ones to see if they fit my needs. Im looking for easy pull and quick reset. After about 50 rounds my finger gets weak. What are the experts suggestions??

Thanks in advance

I also have been trying to train more on my opposite side.

Edited by triton200

With the AR you have at least a dozen drop in trigger kits, some are adjustable, prices start at about $150.00 and go up to $350.00.

Findig them rght now is the problem. Or you can do both the old school way and get an ole fashioned trigger/sear job. Im not too familiar with the sig's system but it's probably a lot like the 1911 or glock so sould be easy enough to get it down to a 3.5 or 4lb trigger pull. Is it a DAO?

Sounds like you need a trigger with an adjustable reach and pull. I thing Geiselle makes one. I have a Hi speed Match DMR in my hunting AR that is awesome. Check out their website. I would also call, they may be able to accommodate your physical need

You might want to PM Wombat. He had an action job done ona P226 by Gray Guns. Also you would probably be better off installing a Short Trigger that reduces the backstrap to trigger face dimension. Gray could do that at the same time.

If just reach would improve things - the Short Trigger could be installed by any number of local people. I think that bry@n has done a number of these - although I may be confusing that with the Short Reset Triggers that he has done.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Triton. I have a sig 226 with an srt and an E2 grip so I could reduce the reach as I have small Italian hands.

I do most of my own smithing and I installed my SRT myself.

If you shoot at RTSP you are welcome to try mine before you blow any cash

Thanks im in south jersey so ill google what i can find on what you suggested . And if i want to try it ill travel. Its a dual action Sig and pretty much i cannot pull it on double action single is little better. My ar i think the problem is the trigger face is too thin. I am thinking the geissel flat face would help. but dam $$$ fot just a trigger but so be it

I called Geissel and will more then likely go with one of their enhanced triggers from their suggestions. And i shot a Sig 1911 today and loved the pull on it now if my 226 was like that id be set. Atleast i have something to go on now.