Minimalist

Just got back from dropping off my FID app

Each town can use their own form for references. But the questions are almost identical. Very basic stuff like how long have you known the applicant, do they have any known alchohol drug or mental issues. Do they know reasons why you should not have a gun etc etc.

The questions are very stupid for the most part. The one I filled out for a friend was as follows:

1.) Number of years you have known the applicant __________.

2.) Has this applicant ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?

3.) Is or has the applicant ever been addicted to alcohol or narcotics?

4.) Does the applicant suffer from a physical defect or sickness which would make it unsafe for him / her to handle a firearm?

5.) Personal opinion / comments regarding the applicant_______________________________

I say they are stupid because how would you ever know the answers to 2., 3., or 4. unless they told you, and how would you know they told you the truth. Yes it does say to the best of your knowledge so you are off the hook if you are wrong, but isn't it their job when they run the criminal and mental health checks to come up with the answers to these questions.

1.) Number of years you have known the applicant __________.

Evar

2.) Has this applicant ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?

Convicted?  Like in a court inside US borders ?  No.

3.) Is or has the applicant ever been addicted to alcohol or narcotics?

Addicted?  I've never bought into that.

4.) Does the applicant suffer from a physical defect or sickness which would make it unsafe for him / her to handle a firearm?

A firearm?  No.  A woman?  Well, we all know how that always ends up with this guy.

5.) Personal opinion / comments regarding the applicant_______________________________

He loves carrying a couple loaded handguns and shooting silencers in PA.  So he's clearly an experienced and responsible felon. i meant fellow

I prefer the question off of the Form 4473:

Have you ever renounced your US citizenship?

I always ask the FFL if it counts if I did after more than 6 beers. I asked it once at a gun show, and the young employee started stammering, and the FFL turned and yelled over his shoulder, "No, it doesn't count after 6 beers."

LOL. I think the question actually refers to the official process but I still think it's funny :)

I almost forgot my favorite question!

Is the applicant a member of any group known to want to overthrow the government of the united states or the state of new jersey?

This is where they will get us.

This is quickly going to become the stance of any rational citizen.