brocglock23

Medford Police Issue, Looking for feedback

I had a friend of mine pick up his firearms id card application and he informed me that they are requiring 4 references so I wrote the following:

I was recently informed by a friend of mine that you are requiring 4 references for a Firearms Identification Card. Per 2C:58-3f no other requirements shall be added. According to state law the only to forms required are SP-66 and S.T.S 033. The S.T.S 033 only requires 2 references.

2C:58-3f- There shall be no conditions or requirements added to the form or content of the application, or required by the licensing authority for the issuance of a permit or identification card, other than those that are specifically set forth in this chapter.

I hope you will review your policies on F.I.Ds and begin complying with state law. I decided not to publish this on your wall because I am not trying to make a scene publicly but I anticipate your cooperation.

Thank you

Do you think I was rude or could have added anything? This is obviously just an ice breaker but I felt something had to be done.

Open to opinions. Thanks guys.

I see nothing wrong with the letter.. Did your friend happen to list you as a reference? My only concern would be this may open him up to some additional unwanted scrutiny but way to fight the good fight.
He will be using other people for references and I will not bring up his name. I just told him to hold tight for a few days to see what happens.