bhunted

NJ ANTI-GUN BILL COUNT NOW UP TO 76! – 03/24 /13

I have a feeling Christie is going to come out swinging when the time is right. I think his reelection in NJ is virtually guaranteed, even if he were to veto every gun bill . He has nothing to lose (practically a shoe-in for gubernatorial reelection), and everything to gain (scoring points with republican base on a national level) by taking a pro gun stance. Just my 2 cents.

I've been thinking about why this whole fiasco has had such a profound effect on me. As much as I love our way of life and the 2nd amendment, it's only one part of my life, yet this has really changed my whole outlook.

I think what's so disappointing is the mob mentality and the refusal of otherwise reasonable people to consider principle and due process. When a majority can essentially destroy an unpopular minority with no judicial or legislative protection, that's a major failure of the entire democratic process.

VERY well said.

When a majority can essentially destroy an unpopular minority with no judicial or legislative protection, that's a major failure of the entire democratic process.

And THIS, my friends, is why we created a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, and NOT a Democracy. But the Republic has gone the way of the dodo.

I have a feeling Christie is going to come out swinging when the time is right. I think his reelection in NJ is virtually guaranteed, even if he were to veto every gun bill . He has nothing to lose (practically a shoe-in for gubernatorial reelection), and everything to gain (scoring points with republican base on a national level) by taking a pro gun stance. Just my 2 cents.

I like your thinking. Sure hope you're right.

It makes no sense for Christie to expend any political capital it this point to announce that he is going to veto the bills. He can wait to see which, if any, make it through the Senate before deciding what to do.

They announced they were shooting for 100 bills. They are just going to keep going. They dont care, look what you are dealing with . Cryan is the ringleader behind the scenes. He just had hundreds of his innappropriate emails delivered to a reporter. Emails to a female lobbyist asking her to come give him a "bj " in his office. These emails were sent on business time while we were paying him, asking her to come to the office we pay for. They are so blatantly corrupt, its sick. And they want our guns. Christie hates the whole thing. But the Democrats are fielding Barbara Buono. She is pretty strong. If he signs bills he loses us, if he does not he fuels her campaign. They have him in a really bad spot, and by extension, us as well.

Buono is a "strong" candidate? Not according to the polling. 75% don't know who she is, and the polling shows her trailing by 35 points. Christie's approval rating is in the upper 70's. He doesn't need to worry about winning NJ, he needs to worry about what he does on guns and how it will affect his national ambitions.

Dude I'm 41. I don't know anyone who's NOT registered to vote. And I'm certainly not going to go out trolling the high schools to find them. I can't even get my own 70 year old Mother to understand that these bills would make me a felon.

Dude I'm 41. I don't know anyone who's NOT registered to vote. And I'm certainly not going to go out trolling the high schools to find them. I can't even get my own 70 year old Mother to understand that these bills would make me a felon.

Age doesn't matter. There are plenty of people not registered from all ages brackets. I didn't say this was an easy task, that is why I called it a challenge. All I am advocating is to take the same passion and energy that you used to respond to my post and channel it into getting some more boots on the ground. It is very easy for all of us including myself to type out messages and hit send. It takes another level of conviction to get out and and talk to people in person and listen to their concerns. We need to get the right people in office, regardless of political affiliation.

If that is the case, seems they are desperate and throwing as much as they can at the wall to see what sticks. They don't want to walk away with nothing so they're will to take anything. The more lottery tickets they buy, the better their chances if you know what I mean.

They announced they were shooting for 100 bills.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Age doesn't matter. There are plenty of people not registered from all ages brackets. I didn't say this was an easy task, that is why I called it a challenge. All I am advocating is to take the same passion and energy that you used to respond to my post and channel it into getting some more boots on the ground. It is very easy for all of us including myself to type out messages and hit send. It takes another level of conviction to get out and and talk to people in person and listen to their concerns. We need to get the right people in office, regardless of political affiliation.

You're taking it as a personal attack, and turning it back on me. I'm posing a serious question: Exactly whom am I supposed to register to vote? Where do I find these unregistered voters? I truly don't know any. And quite frankly, my efforts are aimed at spending time on the phone calling legislators who aren't even in my district, taking days off of work to attend rallys and committee hearings, and speaking directly with "swing voters" who may be supportive of our cause, but have been reluctant to do so--please don't suggest that I don't have "another level of conviction". It's patronizing.

Can't anything NOT turn into a heated discussion here anymore? How about everyone redirect their energy to what matters? If you have enough time to respond in these manners, you have time to make these calls and efforts to support the cause. This constant bickering is getting way out of hand.

We are suppose to be on the same side, remember? Geezus...

Typos courtesy Apple...

How's this for helpful? I took what I believe are most if not all of the "new" bills proposed after the 2/26 committee, looked up and added the phone numbers for each of the sponsors. Emails weren't listed on the page, but it gives you the option to send to them from the NJ Legislature page.

Today I called Fuentes, Quijano, Singer, and Vitale. I'm saving the gems like Mainor, Cryan, O'Donnell, Jimenez, and Buono for tomorrow when I have more time. And by the way--WTF is the "prohibits installation of gunfire locators on utility poles" supposed to do? Wouldn't that be "common sense"?

A3919 Fuentes (D5) (856) 541-1251 (Camden)

Requires State Police to produce brochure summarizing law governing transport and possession of firearms; requires MVC to make brochure available to new State residents registering vehicles.

A3973 Cryan (D20); (908) 624-0880 (Union)

Quijano (D20) (908) 327-9119 (Elizabeth)

Disqualifies persons with three drunk driving or refusal convictions in five years from purchasing firearm.

A3974 Cryan (D20); (908) 624-0880 (Union)

O'Donnell (D31)(201) 436-0961

Prohibits persons with certain disorderly persons convictions from purchasing firearm.

A3995 Mainor (D31); (201) 536-7851

Jimenez (D32) (201) 223-4247

Prohibits installation of gunfire locators on utility poles.

A4001 Mainor (D31); (201) 536-7851

(D1); Jimenez (D32) (201) 223-4247

Requires firearms endorsement on driver's license or non-driver identification card.

S2630 Buono (D18); (732) 205-1372

Vitale (D19)(732) 855-7441

Reduces the maximum lawful capacity of ammunition magazines; prohibits possession of certain firearms having a caliber of 50 or greater.

S2642 Singer (R30) (732) 987-5669

Establishes penalty for failing to report unintentional discharge of firearm in private residence.

S2648 Vitale (D19); (732) 855-7441

Rice (D28) (973) 371-5665

Upgrades penalty for unlawful possession of certain firearms on grounds of an educational institution.

S2659 Ruiz (D29); (973) 484-1000

Cunningham (D31) (201) 451-5100

Requires county prosecutor to apply for revocation of convicted person's firearms purchaser identification card or handgun permit.

S2663 Madden (D4) (856) 232-6700 (Turnersville)

Prohibits possession of ammunition capable of penetrating body armor.

Gun fire locators would actually be a good thing, but I have no idea why that is even there at all.

Typos courtesy Apple...