Steve_G

Springfield XDS @ East Brunswick Sportsman

C'mon guys - it is one awsome pistol...Failure free, very accurate for a 3.3" barrel...45 cal. - Great summer cary...5 or 7 round mag...I was so impressed with it that I have its biggest brother on lay-a-way (the 5.5" barreled XD-Competition)...That said, you have to manhandle her some. Purpose isn't a fun range gun; but rather accurate, deadly force (45 acp), in a really small package...Beat out glock and 3 other manufacturers (comparable pistols) in multi-shooter comparison (I posted that a few months ago)...

But it is all about the "cup of tea" isn't it. ;-).

Just got one. The recoil is much less than being tackled in football but more than the vibration of an Xbox controller so be guided accordingly. Gun hides well in pocket and on belt. Add the 7 round mag and a Streamlight TLR3 and it makes a nice home defense gun. Very versatile and lighter than any of the 3" 1911's I have owned. Very accurate for its size, handled any FMJ and JHP I threw at it plus the grip keeps the gun in place. Combined, these features make for a manageable small .45 perfect for carry or HD depending on how you configure it. My 70 year old cousin said that the recoil was better than on a similarly sized 9mm and liked shooting it. I have nerve damage and arthritis in my hands and was able to shoot about 75 rounds before my hand started feeling it. That is much better than it was with my Colt Defender. Definitely not a range gun but certainly very manageable for self defense. Having actually used a .45 in Nam, I am partial to the caliber. This one is a keeper.

I wanted to like it. On paper it has everything I'm looking for in a sub compact .45. I just didn't like the way it felt in my hand and the trigger, well that left alot to be desired. Of course, those two things are completely subjective. What is unacceptable to me, may feel just right to someone else.

I wanted to like it. On paper it has everything I'm looking for in a sub compact .45. I just didn't like the way it felt in my hand and the trigger, well that left alot to be desired. Of course, those two things are completely subjective. What is unacceptable to me, may feel just right to someone else.

Heh, the trigger was the best that I have seen and shot in the pocket pistols. Prefer the xds 45 over 9.

It really is a joy to shoot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Heh, the trigger was the best that I have seen and shot in the pocket pistols. Prefer the xds 45 over 9.

It really is a joy to shoot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Like I said, Max. Completely subjective. I much prefered the trigger and feel of the PPS.

I'm with Mak...if you accept what it IS then it's a really great piece for what it IS. Trigger and overall feel could be better but it shoots 45 like a champ, and what it IS is a "belly gun". You won't win any awards at the range with it, but that's not what it's for.

I really like mine and carry it when I go to Florida and carry it around the house and yard in my pocket (w/o a chambered round). Wouldn't carry it in a pocket though. I like the MaKenzie IWB I have, or if it's cooler out the SA supplied OWB works fine. I think the engineering is great for a mini 45.

It is awsomely enginerred and of course not an all day range shooter but it is well beyond a belly-gun (although that is great too ;-))...Like I postied weeks ago I've shot all A's on a uspsa target at 75' several times...And tight groups on the uspsa's head at 30' isn't a problem either...It is very accurate for it's size....But folks are being objective, mostly saying it just ain't their thing...I loved it so much I will be transfering over a new XD Competition starting Friday...It has a 5.5" barrel so I am expecting great things from it...It will be intersting to compare the 25yard accuract with the XD-Comp. Vs the Wilson Tactical Elite I gat last month.