Sign in to follow this  
JTS1469

How much for 22lr?

I just bought a ruger 22/45 that I can't start the paper work until next fri. I've been trying to pick up ammo before that so that I don't wind up with the new gun and no ammo. Looking around the only place I'm finding it is online unfortunately it's all over priced some much worse then others as everyone knows. What would be considered an insane price? I think picking up a small amount at a high price will help me hold off for awhile hoping this craze will slow down a little...after some time. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Congrats on the new piece. For reference, Dicks Sporting Goods sells Remington Golden Bullet 22lr for just under $25 after tax for 525 rounds.

Be careful of those golden bullets. They tend to be quite dirty, so you'll need to clean your gun pretty thoroughly afterwards.

Also bring paperclip. I've had those golden bullets squib fire on me, and if that happens you'll need to pull the bolt to make sure the barrel is clear.

sorry no 357. Would be interested in the bricks if you have them. The one thing everyone says about the Ruger is there hard to take apart. I would hate to have a crash course at the range but its one way to learn fast.

thanks,

Probably best to field-strip it before you fire it anyway, just to practice how.

Disassembly

- You'll need a mallet.

- There's a little dance you need to do with putting magazine it, taking it out, etc..

Reassembly

- Every time you put the bolt back in, you have to make sure the firing pin stop didn't fall out or something. Otherwise the next time you fire a round, the firing pin won't be stopped, and that could damage the gun.

- There is a thing you have to learn with the hammer strut being in the right position relative to the crosspin. Otherwise the bolt stop pin might go back in, but the bolt won't actuate, and you'll need to pull the bolt stop pin back out and re-try again.

I've actually stopped shooting my Ruger pistol for a few months no because bulk packs are faster to plink than to replenish.

Most of what I have are CCI SV, and Wolf MT, which is what I use for rifle shooting 50 and 100 yards.

$8 per hundred for 22lr high velocity is a realistic price, if you cant afford that camp out at Dicks sporting goods with a rabbits foot, youll see higher prices for sure but $8 would be a realistic target, also people are more inclined to work with you if you trade rather than just offer cash.