Sign in to follow this  
Bighungry618

57 days and counting....I have questions.

Because of our members recommendations I will be going to see Paul at Arms and Ammo today to get the feel of some different pistols. I know I can’t buy anything yet but, in the unlikely event that I see something that fits or feels right or must have, am I legally allowed to put a deposit down?

Our town clerk said on Feb 28th that the FID and permit process would take “6 to 8 weeks” because the “NJSP is just so busy” Now with what happened in Boston and all law enforcement agencies nationwide again shifting priorities, who knows how long things will take. At 47 days it’s frustrating….My references got their letters and returned them in less than a week so I got prematurely excited hoping for an expedient process…..I’d love to know exactly what the holdup is. For what it’s worth I don’t think it’s the local PD.

Also, I applied for one permit with the FID. From others experiences, will they arrive at the same time? And I’ve read about permits expiring before being able to purchase, and the delayed NCIS, should I do anything at this point to ensure that the permit doesn’t expire before I can purchase?

Thanks for letting me vent and for answering my silly questions.

Get ready Paul…I’ll be there about noon today. I apologize in advance for my noob-ness. Lol.

Applied 2nd week of Jan just for pistol permits, already had FID. No permits yet but I have paid in full for 3 guns at 2 different LGS at "their" request. They told me, "if this is the gun you want we highly suggest you at least put a deposit on it or it will be gone". I asked, what if for some dumb reason I don't get the permits (which is very unlikely) both of them responded, "don't worry, I'll give you your money back because selling the gun later will be no problem". Paying in full was my idea.

I can't imagine I hit the only 2 LGS's that work this way. In fact, I work with someone that has the "exact" same handgun on order as I have from the same LGS, that I have sitting in their safe. He has been waiting 2 weeks now and it's not in........I was told "the gun is mine until I tell them otherwise"

Unreal Update:

As if the fates heard my complaints;

The Township clerk called today at 3:02 pm that my FID and permit were there!.....super sweet! I should have waited a day to visit A-n-A ....I would have bought that FN.40 today.

Thanks to the guys at AnA for letting me fondle their inventory and being so hepful.

I will fill out the the other forum questions for FID application info.

Sweeeeeeeet

B

Yes. And a coworker applied a few days before me in the next town over at his local pd and has had his permits for almost a month now.

Same for me, I go through State Police and other folks I know going local PD have been getting them consistantly faster.....what to do? nothing I suppose.