I Cerakoted myself. Bought the kit from Brownells and whipped out my airbrush and compressor. Easy to apply. Great finish for the DIY. I parkerized the base metal before coating just to give the paint some extra texture to grab on.

So far, so good. I run my 1911 pretty dry to put the finish to the test. Couple draws from a kydex holster. No wear marks yet except around the rails where the slide and frame contact. I love not needing to wipe down the gun after using it. Before the cerakote, it had a blued finish. Although beautiful in its own way, it was a rust magnet with my alien sweat.

I Cerakoted myself. Bought the kit from Brownells and whipped out my airbrush and compressor. Easy to apply. Great finish for the DIY. I parkerized the base metal before coating just to give the paint some extra texture to grab on.

So far, so good. I run my 1911 pretty dry to put the finish to the test. Couple draws from a kydex holster. No wear marks yet except around the rails where the slide and frame contact. I love not needing to wipe down the gun after using it. Before the cerakote, it had a blued finish. Although beautiful in its own way, it was a rust magnet with my alien sweat.

Did you have to oven cure the finish?

Yup. Stuck it in the oven. Don't tell the wife. :) I used clothing hangers for holding and hanging the parts. Put the rack to the top, and hang the parts under them. The curing temp's pretty low. The only area I had issues of tight fitment after curing was the front and rear sight. Fitment might get a little tight if you coat it on thick. I did.

Here's my Cerakoted 1911. My P228 came out even better. Didn't get a chance to take pics of that one yet.

DSC_0628A.jpg

Anyone get this coating on a glock slide? My slide has cycled 10k+ and seen better days aesthetically. Would love a flat back finish to complement the OD frame. Tempting...

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/49504-my-remington-700-milspec-5r-project/page__fromsearch__1

Anyone get this coating on a glock slide? My slide has cycled 10k+ and seen better days aesthetically. Would love a flat back finish to complement the OD frame. Tempting...

I had my G35 slide Cerakoted in Coyote Brown after getting it milled for a MRDS:

88fe6184.jpg

5cdf4dd9.jpg

126e34b4.jpg

85bf9877.jpg

It has held up great. Cycles fine and the finish is still strong after thousands of holster presentations and a just under 1k rounds through it.

It has held up great. Cycles fine and the finish is still strong after thousands of holster presentations and a just under 1k rounds through it.

Very nice. Did you photoshop out the serial # under the ejection port or does the coating completely fill in the stamping?

Edit: Nevermind, that's a lone wolf slide

Yeah. That's no standard slide. Don't be concerned from the coating pooling and filling in the detail. My serial # is pretty shallow, and it didn't get hidden. I laid my coating thicker than required or necessary, and it's still clearly visible. Even a thin coating is very durable. As a side note, I wanted to touch up an area after curing. I contacted the company and they told me once it cures, not even coating on top of itself will stick. Need to blast down to the base and recoat everything. The curing creates a durable casing around the substrate.