Sign in to follow this  
2ANJ

Question for the CCW guys...

recently went to GFH and took their Utah CCW class. My question is what handgun do you carry when you do carry (obviously not legally in NJ). Do you carry a full size,compact or sub compact? Also, what is your carry method (ie. appendix carry, pocket, inside coat pocket, under your hat, tucked inside your tubesock)?

I usually OC or "cover carry" a Glock 19 in an OWB Galco holster and a Colt 1903 or a Keltec concealed IWB as a BUG.

That's the EDC but obviously it will change if I need more concealment for the primary. Or, more often, if I need a more fashionable primary. Such as a wheelgun and brown horsehide holster (Galco again).

I usually OC or "cover carry" a Glock 19 in an OWB Galco holster and a Colt 1903 or a Keltec concealed IWB as a BUG. That's the EDC but obviously it will change if I need more concealment for the primary. Or, more often, if I need a more fashionable primary. Such as a wheelgun and brown horsehide holster (Galco again).

how do you like the pf9?

G23 in a Safariland ALS hip holster, covered but not concealed

If it's really hot out I carry my Springfield XDm 3.8 concealed in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster (IWB).  But I don't care much for carrying IWB and don't do it often

Good luck in your quest to find a comfortable carry setup.  If you mount a holster on your driveline tunnel or under the dash in your vehicle then you can go with a more comfortable holster and bigger sidearm on your person and not worry about it being uncomfortable sitting in a car seat for extended periods of time