iRescue

Moving advice

So kicking around the idea of moving. Not too serious, just doing some research for now.

Currently live in Freehold and commute to the Woodbridge area for work.

Looking at places in Monmouth County/southern Middlesex, maybe a bit closer to the ocean.

Any gun friendly towns that you know of? Any towns I should stay away from? I wouldn't want to move to a town that takes a year to get PPP or hassles me with unlawful forms.

So kicking around the idea of moving. Not too serious, just doing some research for now. Currently live in Freehold and commute to the Woodbridge area for work. Looking at places in Monmouth County/southern Middlesex, maybe a bit closer to the ocean. Any gun friendly towns that you know of? Any towns I should stay away from? I wouldn't want to move to a town that takes a year to get PPP or hassles me with unlawful forms.

Gun friendly and NJ don't belong in the same book, let alone same sentence.

I can tell you from experience that Woodbridge township isn't terrible. Without doubt helpful clerks. The wait period can exceed the 6-8 week quote, but not by much.

It may be out of your boundaries but also dealt with Union township. Hassle is the politest term that pops to mind. They require a appointment, which is the first obstacle of getting through to the detective. Then you have almost a interview with questions regarding your interest in firearms and where it derives.

Hope it helps a little

Honestly, Freehold to Woodbridge is not bad of a commute, and well, let's face it, I would rather live in Freehold than further north.  Lower taxes, nicer/calmer people, closer to shore, etc.

If you had to go up, I would look at Clark, Westfield, Metuchen. 

Thanks guys.

The end goal would be going out of state to va or nc.

If we end up staying in NJ and can't find a house in this area, we'll take your suggestions into consideration. I do like freehold, but we're looking for a fenced in yard for dogs... In our price range