darrenlobo

Smokedown Prohibition V: Adam Kokesh and NA Poe Arrested (video and pictures)

Actually I added that you missed the point. And it is cool.

But I digress.

Just some fun trivia:

Which country has the largest incarceration rate of their population? I mean, because of course the notion that the US has become/is becoming a police state is ridiculous right? So it can't be the US.

Well the answer is in fact the US. And it isn't even close.

Why do I bring this up? Well, because this thread was started about an event that had a number of people arrested for marijuana, and the war on drugs is certainly the reason for our insane incarceration rate...which leads to ruin lives, prison over crowding, the early release of actual violent criminals (to make room for the drug offenders), for profit prisons, debt, amongst other things. But you know, we must enforce these laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI07pk86df8

Actually I added that you missed the point. And it is cool.

But I digress.

Just some fun trivia:

Which country has the largest incarceration rate of their population? I mean, because of course the notion that the US has become/is becoming a police state is ridiculous right? So it can't be the US.

Well the answer is in fact the US. And it isn't even close.

Why do I bring this up? Well, because this thread was started about an event that had a number of people arrested for marijuana, and the war on drugs is certainly the reason for our insane incarceration rate...which leads to ruin lives, prison over crowding, the early release of actual violent criminals (to make room for the drug offenders), for profit prisons, debt, amongst other things. But you know, we must enforce these laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI07pk86df8

I already agreed the war on drugs is absurd several thousand times...

even in my discussion with you...

I think drugs should be decriminalized...

that has no bearing on anything I was talking about.. 

It isn't all about you vlad. It was it (IMO) relevant to the thread.

Also... ease up on the ellipsis' please... 251 times in 24 posts is more than excessive... I suppose not all were ellipsis'... as some had 2.. or 4 periods instead....

It isn't all about you vlad. It was it (IMO) relevant to the thread.

Also, ease up on the ellipsis' please.

but you are obviously not paying attention to you... the ultimate irony being that at the core I probably agree on you with a lot of points... but because I disagree with you on some things.. everything is a project.. everything is dramatic...

running out of things that are relevant so starting on things that have absolutely no bearing on anything...

that is pretty typical internet nonsense...

we are done with this...  and I don't want to lock the thread... 

if you have anything more to add to all this mess feel free to PM me over it.. 

with all due respect I do NOT want the police to decide on a whim if a law is a good law or a bad law...

good and bad is entirely subjective... out meter of "bad" is "normal" in other countries...

if laws are wrong.. then we should change them as the people... maybe this is his way of changing them? 

but I really do NOT want the police to be deciding the merit of a law, that is a HUGE potential problem... 

The problem is the police themselves. If police forces didn't exist there wouldn't be enforcement of bad law.