WVisHome

Finally did it....my first handgun purchase

Not that it's all that special to most of you 'enthusiasts', lol....but I finally made my first handgun purchase today!

Kind of a big deal for me, as technically this is only my second gun purchase ever.

I picked up the Glock Gen 4 G27 that I've been talking about for a while now. Now that I live in DE...I truly feel your pain. Walked into the store and walked out with it in about 20 minutes (if you include all the bs'ing).

There is zero reason for what NJ is doing to people.

post-5674-0-07128900-1369264171_thumb.jpg

My collection is now up to 5. (Rem 700, Rem 870, Marlin 60, M91 Mosin, and now the G27). I also have a bolt action Marlin 22 at my dad's house.

Congratulations, I'm sure it won't be your last either!

Not a fan of glocks, but hey maybe someday!

I actually wasn't a fan of any semi-autos until recently. I was raised in a revolver household.

The Glock is so...simple. My brother has 3 Glocks himself.

I think my next one will either be a Mark II/III Ruger, or I'll hold out for a 1911. I've always wanted one.

Was going to say what the heck did you buy a baby Glock for, as you can't carry one in NJ - but then I saw you are not in NJ - Lucky you.  I used to live in Wilmington many years ago, but my Glock is a full size G22 as I might as well have the big boy so the bad guy can clearly see it.

(actually worked down in your neck of the woods in Del. City)

Question for this Glock noob......

The dealer said that it comes with some sort of factory copper "break in" lube, and not to clean it til around 400 rounds.

That doesn't seem right to me....any special procedure for breaking in a Glock?

I've cleaned mine after every range visit, but I left the copper lube in the slide channels for the first few hundred rounds.

Mine did not have much of the copper lube, so I just cleaned it after first use.  I use Ballistol and clean it every time I use it.  Do you have a compact mag in it or do you use an extended mag?  I just find it strange to shoot with my pinky finger hanging in mid air.

I actually wasn't a fan of any semi-autos until recently. I was raised in a revolver household.

The Glock is so...simple. My brother has 3 Glocks himself.

I think my next one will either be a Mark II/III Ruger, or I'll hold out for a 1911. I've always wanted one.

If you can find one get a Browning Buckmark .22 pistol. I was set on getting a Ruger but once I held the Buckmark I was sold. I liked the little extra weight in the Buckmark and the magazines are super easy to find.