bugsymalone

Hello from Gloucester County

Hello everyone.  I've been lurking around for a while and taking in all the great information here, so I thought I would say hello.

My wife and I are relatively new to firearms and we each recently got our FID and P2P.  We've been shooting a few times and have enjoyed the experience and are getting better each time.

I purchased a Sig P229 EE 9mm as my first pistol and am very happy with it.  My wife is still looking, but pretty set on purchasing one of the smaller frame S&W revolvers.

So far we have shot at Hagues and Bob's.  I heard this morning Bob's had a fire at their range and they are just opening their store back up today, but the range is down for now.  I was all set to shoot there today so it was a bummer hearing that.  Glad no one was hurt though and I hope the range is back up and running soon.  We're currently looking for what would be a the best range to join for us.  Bob's seemed like a pretty good deal.

So thanks for all the great information and I look forward to talking with you all.

Welcome! I am from Gloucester County as well and I shoot at the Quinton Sportsmens Club in Quinton, NJ. Its a fantastic range. Its all outdoors but they offer 7-25 yard pistol range, 50-200 yard rifle, skeet, sporting clays and trap. They also offer a number of classes which you can take for an addition fee. The membership initially is a bit expensive but I believe your wife can shoot for free if you are a member and the years membership after the first year cost around $85 per year. Its a great value! Their website is www.quintonsportsmensclub.com I hope this helps!

Welcome to the community from WD.  Other option to consider are USANA and South Jersey Shooting Club (SJSC).  While not a member of USANA I can't really speak much about it other then I was there once and it was nice they have outdoor and indoor ranges. 

SJSC is all outdoors 25,50,100,300 yd ranges soon to be a 10-15 yd range and an archery course.  Also the added benefit of two local shops. Bangers is on location at the range and my preferred shop Arms-N-Ammo (PK90 on this forum) is right around the corner about a 5 min drive.

First person from Washington Township that didn't call it "Township"

LOL!  To name a few, I've heard "Township", "Twip", and even "Dub T" since I've been here.

Guilty though.  I often do refer to it as "Township" but there is a usual follow-up question of "which township?" if you're not from around here.  :)

Welcome to the community from WD.  Other option to consider are USANA and South Jersey Shooting Club (SJSC).  While not a member of USANA I can't really speak much about it other then I was there once and it was nice they have outdoor and indoor ranges. 

SJSC is all outdoors 25,50,100,300 yd ranges soon to be a 10-15 yd range and an archery course.  Also the added benefit of two local shops. Bangers is on location at the range and my preferred shop Arms-N-Ammo (PK90 on this forum) is right around the corner about a 5 min drive.

Welcome from Williamstown. As Arbelest said, SJSC is a great place to shoot and having Bangers on site is handy but I don't think he got the memo about Arms and Ammo. PK90 is closing shop and heading out of state unfortunately (for us, good for him). Regardless, WELCOME :dancing:

LOL!  To name a few, I've heard "Township", "Twip", and even "Dub T" since I've been here.

Guilty though.  I often do refer to it as "Township" but there is a usual follow-up question of "which township?" if you're not from around here.   :)

My immediate response is, "ohh Logan Township?"  haha some people get upset..

Welcome from Williamstown. As Arbelest said, SJSC is a great place to shoot and having Bangers on site is handy but I don't think he got the memo about Arms and Ammo. PK90 is closing shop and heading out of state unfortunately (for us, good for him). Regardless, WELCOME :dancing:

I've been in cape may county since May for a summer job so I definitely missed this.  I may have to make a special trip with some OT money and stock up on things..