Parker

Sporting Shot magazine - Issue # 17

looking at some of the advertisers....very pricey, but I would LOVE to spend a few days on one of their upland hunts, a classic double in my hands...this is the stuff dreams are made of...

looking at some of the advertisers....very pricey, but I would LOVE to spend a few days on one of their upland hunts, a classic double in my hands...this is the stuff dreams are made of...

You can go to one of those lodges and spend some hard-earned cash. You can be pampered if you choose or just use the lodge for food and rest, get a Gazetteer of the area and hunt on your own, almost like a DIY hunt. Been doing that for grouse & woodcock in Maine for years. Camps up north are good and cost is reasonable.Then you can afford that nice double.

You can go to one of those lodges and spend some hard-earned cash. You can be pampered if you choose or just use the lodge for food and rest, get a Gazetteer of the area and hunt on your own, almost like a DIY hunt. Been doing that for grouse & woodcock in Maine for years. Camps up north are good and cost is reasonable.Then you can afford that nice double.

Actually that might be a good idea....my wife has always enjoyed Maine, and would love to retire there someday.

And I already have that nice double...  :)

Actually that might be a good idea....my wife has always enjoyed Maine, and would love to retire there someday.

And I already have that nice double...   :)

When you move north of Baxter State Park, you can become a member of the 30/30/30 club. This is the pinnacle to strive for. To join the club, you must have:

• $30K house
  • $30K bass boat
  • $30K pickup truck