Looking for suggestions for some of the better shacle type locks, key or combo on the bottem. My particular area of concern is the bottem of it as the lock will be recessed and not exposed for cutting or wacking. Any that are more resistant to drilling, picking, locksmith recomended?

If you need serious security I wouldn't use a combination lock. Most of them are weak due to their design. The dials or wheels (whatever you want to call the part that is manipulated) are typically directly in contact with locking mechanism and those dials and wheels are usually easily busted or easily bypassed. Once you do that you can directly attack the locking mechanism. I would stick with key.

Also, what are you trying to secure? That has something to do with what type of lock to select. Solid body vs plates, disc vs standard, etc. What is the environment? For example, if it's a storage unit perhaps more importance is onsite security, cameras, etc. 

hockeypuck1.jpg

The hockey puck style locks when recessed are damn near impossible to get into.. unless one has a blow torch..  Seriously though a lot of shops with roll down doors in places like the city and Camden they all use these locks and their recessed into the wall or door and the easiest way to get through is with a blow torch something people will notice.