cigarsnscotch

For those with FL/UT CCW permits; I have ?'s

I am one week away to the day from leaving NJ to my new home in the Carolina's. As I plan for our trip down I wanted to gather some facts from those of you who have their FL or UT permits and have traveled with them , even better if you've driven south.

Am I correct that once I hit Virginia I can carry my gun concealed on my person while in the vehicle as well as when we stop for gas and such? Given that VA and NC have reciprocity which means their laws are similar in nature and legality as with FL or UT's, I can carry.

We're taking I-95 down to I-85 to Charlotte where we'll be staying short-term as we look for a house, and since we have to go through DE (legal), MD (illegal) and D.C. (Illegal) I figured that I would just wait until we hit VA to carry. We're driving overnight so I definitely want to be protected.

I will also take a look at the VA and NC firearms laws site regarding transportation.

Thanks.

This is exactly what I did a few years ago when I drove down to FLA. And its what I plan on doing when I go again in Nov.

Once we got to VA, we stopped for lunch at a Subway, and off I went to the restroom and took care of business, Once I came out, I was CCW all the way to FL except when driving through SC I then put it in the glove box.

This is exactly what I did a few years ago when I drove down to FLA. And its what I plan on doing when I go again in Nov.

Once we got to VA, we stopped for lunch at a Subway, and off I went to the restroom and took care of business, Once I came out, I was CCW all the way to FL except when driving through SC I then put it in the glove box.

Cool just wanted some confirmation on that since I haven't done it before. Thank you.

Sadly NY/NJ folk are now flocking to the Carolinas .My hope is that they leave there liberal ways in NJ.

Best of luck to you sir.Enjoy America!!

I was on two interviews in the Carolinasa(Greenville SC and Greensboro NC area),  I got the impression they are getting sick of the NJ residents moving there and are trying to hire more locals and push back against the Yankee tide.

If you have an iPhone, there is a pretty cool app called 'CCW'. You put in what permits you have, and it shows all the states that honor it. You can also click on a state and it highlights the laws (like if the state requires you to inform LEO's. when stopped, etc). Not sure if its available for Android too?

If you have an iPhone, there is a pretty cool app called 'CCW'. You put in what permits you have, and it shows all the states that honor it. You can also click on a state and it highlights the laws (like if the state requires you to inform LEO's. when stopped, etc). Not sure if its available for Android too?

I actually have both of the PDFs from handgunlaw.us for FL and UT saved in iBooks.

Yes I know SC doesn't honor either of those permits non-resident but we are living in NC first for a couple months then buying a house in SC. I will of course be getting my SC permit when the time is right.

I'm sure real Carolinians are probably sick of all the Nj/NY folks storming their states, hell I am tired of seeing NY plates all over here in NJ. I surely hope it doesn't turn into the Northeast down there, I am going down there to get away from the northeast (amongst a hole list of other reasons)!