nuclearheli

NJNiCS and Champion communications, do we have a PROBLEM!

Just received a text message alert from our bank, on the credit card used in our business exclusively to process NICS with Champion Communications. Seems somebody is enjoying themselves down in Florida on our corporate card. We use this card exclusively for one wholesale distributor in IL, and Champion Communications (NICS NJ) in guess where, Florida. The card is shut down and our bank will make good on the charges but WTF is up with Champion. I could be jumping to conclusions but it sure looks like a problem with them to me. No doubt I will be on the phone with them tomorrow and will also be making alternate payment arrangements. No more credit card for them.

I have about 5 credit cards and one number gets stolen per year.  Champion will either claim ignorance or blame it on their vendor. 

What alternate payment arrangement can you make with them that are safer than a credit card?  I just assume stolen credit cards are a sign of the times. 

Fortunately we have a bank with a brain. I know stop laughing. Our bank offers "Virtual" credit card's. I can create a virtual credit card, grant only Champion's merchant number to charge it, and limit the amount of the charge to $15. That's the task for tomorrow at the branch. Champion also offers "account" options where you can be billed for your charges. I may also take that route. But first I need to get on the phone with them and have a little conversation. Vendors with credit cards on file with Champion, watch your accounts.