ColtPistols

Hornady bullet feeder?

I have it and the dies work just fine. Any reason why you'd want to mix and match? Some people have had issue where they load so blazingly fast, the hopper cannot keep up with supply, but once they drop into the feed hose and die, that part works great. I've never experienced this and i can comfortably load 5-600 per hour at my pace.

Yeah I should have clarified, I wasn't worried about the hornady's not working, I was just looking to save roughly 75 bucks by going another brand that I've been using. I haven't used a bullet feeder but my other dies aren't hornady so I was just curious if it was worth trying another brand to work with the hornady. I ordered the hornady's, but there backorder so who knows when they'll come in. The other brand is in stock.

Think it'll work?

My experience with the hornady feeder is not great. Sure it's works when it's set up right but its loud as hell and was not even close to keeping up with my "production" rate by hand witch is 7-800/ hr on a dillon 650. I would recommend spending a few dollars more and going for the mr bullet feeder. Or buy the droppers and some acrylic tube from master and make your own poor mans bullet feeder.

I all ready ordered the Hornady bullet feeder but the feeder dies were a backorder, so who knows when they'll come in. I was more or less just wondering if the other brands of feeder dies would work with it as I've never used a bullet feeder? I assume there must be some differences in how the tubes connect to the dies from brand to brand, no? Also Dillon would cost me a fortune and I have too many calibers to run. Hornady seemed a LOT cheaper to change calibers in, but maybe I didn't do the math right.

I also ordered several three die sets for handgun cartridges. I read a lot of reviews were people would complain the dies were rough on the inside and poorly finished, but I figured everybody make a lemon once in a while, so it will probably work as good as my RCBS dies. the only one Hornady charges more for is the bullet feeder dies. That's why I was interested, and then when I saw everybody's backordered but RCBS I thought I'de save some money and months of waiting by just getting the RCBS...IF somebody knows that the dies are interchangeable?