Sign in to follow this  
maintenanceguy

Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto

I'm seriously considering adding a Chiappa 1911-22 to my small collection.  It would be my "cheap to shoot" gun.  I have one 22 pistol but it's a tiny pocket pistol and it's not a lot of fun to shoot.  The price is what has peeked my interest in this particular 1911-22 but at under $300, It's also low enough that I'm wondering if it's junk.  You usually get what you pay for.

There aren't a lot of reviews online other than magazine articles. The reviews of this pistol are good but I'm always skeptical when magazines review advertiser's products. 

Does anybody own this?  Worth buying or should I avoid it?

1911-22.jpg

Here's a review comparing it to a similarly priced GSG-1911 .22(Chiappa at $275, GSG at $330):

http://forum.1911forum.com/showthread.php?p=2796927

A lot of the reviews I just read weren't really that great about the Chiappa.  To me, the fit and finish on the Chiappa is crap compared to the GSG or the Colt Government Model 1911-22. 

if you search the forum i did a review on the chiappa. long story short i would avoid it. headache from day 1. had to send to the company to fix it from the box, there was a bur in the chamber due to a dry fire at the store and every round jammed. Got it back tried all different ammo even only minimags. and it didnt fail as much but still not great. ftf or fte every 20-25 rounds. The finish is cheap, rubbed of easily and the metal is like a potmetal and is very soft. The finish was so bad after the first actual use i polished alot of the parts.  I sold it after a year of aggravation would spend another 100 and get a gsg if you can or just go classic buckmark or ruger.