Sign in to follow this  
illy

RTSP "first time" shooter question

Looking at the website, it states that "All first time shooters will be required to take our 15 Minute Intro Class for $25."

Does that mean actual first time shooters or everyone who hasn't shot at RTSP before?

Thanks in advance guys.

Search-before-posting-a-new-topic-disclaimer: I did, didn't find anything on this.

First visit fill out paper work while you watch video. Unless you are LEO then video not required. Once you've watched vid and filled out paper never have to again. They put you into the system. I recommend joining if you shoot often at $35 each visit it pays to join. I get to jump in front of non members when I go, while they wait. Plus you can bring guests for $10. They give a few free guest passes when you join also. Once you join you can walk in and shoot every day if you can afford the ammunition. Members can also put guns on layaway, & get better ammo, accessory, & target ammo prices.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I'm actually about an hour away. I was looking into taking my 7 yr old nephew out there to shoot for the first time, since RTSP is the only range I saw without an age restriction.

Then I did the math (range time, rental, buying in-house ammo, etc) and just bought a Marlin 60 instead. So I'll be taking him to Clinton WMA and if he does well enough w/ the .22, we'll move up to a 20 ga. shotgun. 

Also, I'm going to join EFGA. $30/yr plus $30 one time fee and $30/yr for 3 guests at time. So after the first year, it's $60 for me plus guests. Really can't beat that.

Yeah if your only shooting .22 and shotgun use the state range for free. I drive up to Flatbrook WMA about 45 min to shoot black powder. Sometimes ill take the .22 also. About same distance for me to drive to Clinton WMA, except I can use whatever targets I want at FlatBrook. Clinton Has weird target height rules and you have to use their target holders that suck. Waste of money to join RTSP if you have to drive that far & aren't using center fire or pistol. I usually only use the handgun range there myself. Only used the rifle lanes once with the AR.

Sent using Tapatalk 2