Rob0115

XLR chassis

I have a 700 SA remington 700. I was considering the xlr or the mcrees for an AR style. Anyone have thoughts on either

I haven't been able to fund the XLR but have seen the Mcrees for a bit over 800 well equipped with collapsible stock.

Thanks.

I looked at the mcree and honestly I had a helluva time deciding on which way to go.  I wouldn't mind getting to squeeze a couple off.

I'm glad you like it.  What led me down the path to these two were the having a full chassis and not gaining as much weight as the AICS.  

I looked at the mcree and honestly I had a helluva time deciding on which way to go.  I wouldn't mind getting to squeeze a couple off.

I'm glad you like it.  What led me down the path to these two were the having a full chassis and not gaining as much weight as the AICS.

Let me know when you want to come down to CJ. We shoot pretty regularly.

Chassis was delivered yesterday and it looks awesome.  I had it cerakoted OD green and it looks better than I than I expected.  Now to assemble and shoot.

Just curios what is the deal with the folding stock and adjustable stock on a XLR chassis I want to build a Sako Quad 22lr bolt action with the XLR chassis was curious with laws regarding the stock for a bolt action?

Ok thanks that's what I thought but was double checking. Just curious what is your opinion on a folder? Likes and dislikes?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I don't have the xlr, but I have a McCree Precision folder and I like it. It's just as solid as the non-folder, but I can fold it to put in a shorter bag if I need to. Also, when cleaning, I don't need to mess with my cheek weld riser since I can fold it. With the non-folder, you have to drop the rise to get a rod thru for cleaning.

I'm glad I went with the folder. With the McCree, it wasn't that much more.