rfkhunter

Buying handgun ammo online

Im sure this topic has been on here before but im going to ask anyway.

I recently ordered quite a few rds of . 45 from Cabelas and sportsmanguide. Had no issues at all.

Why is it that you go to places like Asspro and Midway and they quote NJ law as for their excuse not to sell to NJ residents.

I have read the statute which basically says if you have an FID card your good to go.

Are they just choosing not to sell? That's how im seeing it.

Is that a new midway policy?  The last time I ordered ammo from Midway (about the middle of last year), I had no issues.  The only place I had issues was with Bass Pro shops.  They do not ship to NJ.   

I can only asume some of these companies are taking a more conservative approach and updating there corporate policies, most likely as rfkhunter mentioned to cover their ass. 

I use to order a ton (not far from the truth in weight) of ammo from Cabelas, but unfortunalty it seems they've updated their free shipping promos to exclude ammo.

Since the majority of us likely buy ammo on line through several vendors, some of whom require a ID and /or FID be registered with them, I have now sent my credentials beforehand to just about all the ones I have or intend to deal with. That way I don't lose out on a good deal on ammo wasting time while they ask and I send my info.

Midway is a strange case...over the years and numerous threads it appears that depending on who you deal with they will ship/will not ship to NJ. Will ship with a submission of ID but only ammo and not black gun parts and accessories....this debate on Midway has been going on for years and one of the primary reasons I choose not to use them.

If you take delivery of handgun ammo in NJ without having a valid FID you have committed a crime.

Some retailers located outside of NJ choose to ensure that their buyers aren't committing a crime in the buyer's jurisdiction, even though they don't have the legal obligation to do so.

Others do not.

If you take delivery of handgun ammo in NJ without having a valid FID you have committed a crime.

Some retailers located outside of NJ choose to ensure that their buyers aren't committing a crime in the buyer's jurisdiction, even though they don't have the legal obligation to do so.

Others do not.

Now I get it!