Sludog

Shooters Sporting Center opening his weekend

Went there today (Sunday), and I will echo the statement that many have already made....the place is huge!!!  

The firearms area (where I spent most of my time) seemed very busy.  Not what I would call a "crowd-scene", but there was a steady flow of people going thru the place.  

They seem to still be setting-up areas and stocking the shelves.  For example, there were two employees slowly emptying large plastic tubs filled with merchandise onto the shelves.  Also, an elk mount was sitting on the floor waiting to be hung-up wherever its supposed to go), Even though it was busy, all of the employees I talked to and observed were VERY helpful, relaxed, and did not appear to be rushing anyone through the place.  

Their firearms inventory seems good.  Lots of shotguns and pistols; quite a bit of muzzleloaders and accessories, and a little less for rifles and revolvers.  There was a reasonably big section of just AR style rifles, and they were also selling lower receivers.

The range looked interesting.  They have separate shooting stations divided by diamondplate walls.  I only peered-in to the area (they have a window to observe what's going on), but I saw they were running new shooters thru a video to explain what/how things worked at their range.  Because this range is a bit of a drive, I did not look further, 

While there, I bought a case of 12 gauge trap loads, a few boxes of #4 game loads, and some hornady .54 cal conicals.  For today's market, they appeared to have ammunition stock (but with room for MUCH more, once things settle down).  I asked about reloading supplies - they do not carry gunpowder or true blackpowder (but they do have pyrodex and 777).  They did have primers, but no bullets.  The salesman lamented that NJ requires too many different permits to make selling more powder viable, and that there was so little margin in the reloading supplies they could not make a reasonable profit without appearing to gouge their customer base.  

Anyhow, I've rambled-on enough.  Shooters is a fine place, and I'll be back.  I just hope they are able to move enough product to support that HUGE building,

They are having their  official "Grand Opening" this Saturday from 8 am to 8 pm. Advertising lots of specials, door prizes and refreshments. Looks like the best keep secret will be done with this weekend. Hopefully shooting lanes will still be readily available in the mornings once the areas shooters find out this place is open for business. 

Official grand opening today at Shooter's. They had a grill going with dogs and burgers and refreshments being served. Also a moon bounce for the kids. Place was packed with people mostly in the firearms department. Was about a dozen people in the archery section with 4 people shooting as well.  Had a line of people getting memberships for the gun range. ( so much for my own private range. lol) Maybe a special on memberships too but I did not ask.  They had some specials going like $20 boxes of pistol ammo ( 5 box limit) and some long guns on sale as well. They also had M&P 15 rifles selling for $599 but don't know what these are going for currently so this may be normal price. I caught a glimpse of the Zombie glow in the dark shooting and looked pretty cool. I stuffed my face and walked around a bit and had a great time. 

No the guy specifically said to not enter the building with loaded mags and said you should not be traveling with them as it was illegal. I think there is another thread where someone walked out the class after he said it last week. 

Yea please pass the word so nobody else joins. I don't want a bunch of new members clogging up my lanes. lol

To not join a range because they won't allow you to enter with loaded mags is pretty ridiculous. It takes me 2 minutes to load 5 mags or 50 rounds. When I shoot I am in no rush. I do agree with you getting upset because the instructor told you that it against the law to have loaded mags in a vehicle. Saying this store policy is one thing but lying and telling shooters it is a law is just plain stupid. 

For the record, I have yet to see an RO come over and inspect guns and mags before shooting and I have been there almost dozen times so far. If they don't recognize you they will come over and greet you show you how to work the lanes light and target mover.