Sign in to follow this  
liquidskin

Clinton WMA for squirrels?

Newbie hunter here, planning on going out for some squirrels with my airgun soon.  I know hunters take pride in their spots, but just wondering if anyone has any experience at Clinton WMA and has any tips? I'm not expecting anyone to share me GPS coordinates of the SQUIRREL HONEY HOLE (but will happily take them!), but just any general guidance would be helpful.  For all I know, Clinton sucks for squirrels, so if that's the case, I'd rather know ahead of time and pick a better spot.  Please PM me if you'd rather not discuss in public.

Thanks

Find the hardwoods where there are beech, hickory and oak tress. Where there are nuts you'll find squirrels. Stay away from windy days, squirrels won't be out when the trees are swaying. Get in at first light, sit and wait for the woods to come alive. You'll hear them, then see them.

Please come to my back yard and take your limit. I killed 3 last winter and they are still tearing up my shed and breaking into my house. Nasty little buggers...

Believe it or not, a couple years ago I trapped 32 squirrels in my yard in Franklin Park. Spent a lot of time and fuel to relocate them.