carl_g

Aimpoint Pro

You need to center the optic at 1.38" over the rail for a true absolute cowitness and 1.75" over the rail for lower 1/3 cowitness.

The Aimpoint PRO QRP mount with the included spacer puts the center of the optic at 1.535" over the rail, roughly an absolute co-witness.

Removing the spacer in the QRP mount and putting it on flat top upper will give you a basically useless upper 1/3 cowitness.

You can buy aftermarket mounts if you prefer a lower 1/3 co-witness.

Photo comparison of absolute co-witness and lower 1/3 co-witness with an Aimpoint T1:D8F628A7-CD76-4594-AB26-DCFB913CFE57-120

Shows how much more of the optic is unobstructed by Irons.

The Aimpoint PRO is an excellent choice for a flattop AR.

See this thread for more on optic mounts:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/60940-wow-i-know-nothing-about-rifle-optic-mounts/

I am completing a build and I was wondering if this would work..

This is about as much ss I have left in the budget.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/sights-optics/optics-specials/aimpoint-patrol-rifle-optic-pro-andpsa-aluminum-flip-up-front-and-rear-sight-set.html

I just ordered a PRO for my new MSAR E4. Not planning on using BUIS at all.

I have been using Aimpont T1, PRO, and M4 for over 4 years now and have never had one crap out. I feel confident with this decision, and if I had AR type rifles that didn't already have a standard FSB I wouldn't add BUIS on them either.

If anything I may put a front flip-up and use the Aimpoint tube itself as a large ghost ring for the rear aperture in the event the PRO dies on me. I have done this on ARs in the past during training (preparation in the event the optic goes out and I don't have time to raise the rear BUIS). I have found that even with a lower 1/3 cowitness I was able to get good hits quickly from 15 yards and in.

Ok cool thanks,I think I am going to run with this. I was debating the eotech xps2.. but I think the aimpoint might be the smarter choice..cheaper too.

Right on! Both are quality optics, but the aimpoint is hands down the better buy. The battery life alone puts it on top of the eotech.

Great deal on the PSA package as well.