Sign in to follow this  
Polak

My remi 700 "build"

Nice, are you replacing the stock?  I found that on my AAC-SD, which also has the identical bipod and of course stock. as soon as the bipod went on the forend area contacted the barrel, which is very typical of Hogue OverMolded stocks.  (Supposedly the fully-bedded version is all good but not the pillar bedded version that Remington uses on their rifles).

I spent 6 months going back and forth before finally deciding but I really ran the gamut and had periods of "Ok THIS is the one" on like 6 different stocks.

I like the Badger hardware good good stuff.

Where can i shoot 600? I gotta start somewhere. Just want to be able to shoot out farther without replacing parts later on.

800 yds, now I understand the 20 MOA base. But shooting 600 yds and over around here is tough. Guess you'll be traveling.

Central Jersey will allow  you to go out to 300 yards.

There should be quite a few ranges that go farther in PA but they are usually quite a drive.  I'm a member of a range in PA about 2 hours away that allows me to go out to 400 yards.  It's near my in-laws place so when I go visit, I usually have stuff to do.

BTW, I have the same Remington 700.  Unfortunately, I ran out of funds to put some glass on it.  I got a 0 MOA EGW base.  I would like to go out to 800 yards but do not know of any range that I can go out that far.  I am looking at the Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS scope.  I don't think this scope has enough adjustment to zero at 100 yards if I got the 20 MOA base.

What height rings did you get?  I'm still debating on the scope so I have not yet committed to the rings yet.

For the stock, I'm thinking of the XLR Carbon chassis.

I built a Rem 700 Varmint SPS 308, and used a HS Precision ProSeriesVarmint stock, along with a Timney 2# trigger module, Vortex 6.5x20 scope in EGW rings & mounts, Harris bipod..... etc etc

Using Federal Match King 168gr BTHP's the rifle was shooting small groups at 300yds at CJ.

The additions of the freefloat HS stock and the crisp trigger brought the package together and really made the difference in bench shooting.

Check out Vortex scopes, they really make some nice glass for the price.

Finally got to shoot it and try out the Woodland Park Range.

Sighted it in and shot at 50 yards. Grouped really well with PMC 147 gr. @ 50 yards sitting on a plastic chair. Can't wait to try prone one day.

I shot a group of 4 that fits under a quarter.  :king: