vladtepes

saiga 12 is done...

On my laptop the picture is not upside down, maybe it's just Alec..........

The brake I put on my Saiga-12 works perfect. Stops muzzle rise taking quick shots. Made it a whole lot noisier too for the RO standing next to me!  :)

Did you do anything to the gas system (larger holes etc.) after you chopped the barrel?

How is the barrel pinned? I'm asking because be the barrel seems too thin to do it the conventional way ie. roll pin through the brake and then into the barrel. I'm considering chopping my Vepr 12 and permanently attaching a brake as well.

I had to open up the ports to reliably run 7 1/2.... I really only run buck shot and slugs so was no real issue....

I think if you want to chop it to 14 and run really light ammo you would need to really do some work... But it's running buck and slugs (and anything 7 1/2 or heavier) no issue....

It's threaded and pinned... My guess is the pin bites into the threaded area stopping it from moving....

Gotcha. Thanks.

I had to open up the ports to reliably run 7 1/2.... I really only run buck shot and slugs so was no real issue....
I think if you want to chop it to 14 and run really light ammo you would need to really do some work... But it's running buck and slugs (and anything 7 1/2 or heavier) no issue....

It's threaded and pinned... My guess is the pin bites into the threaded area stopping it from moving....

Vlad, talk to me about that pig nose stock adapter.

Can you use that on any saiga and will that work to attach any AR receiver extension? - thinking specifically of a UBR receiver extension.

the best way to answer that is to tell you it creates an AR15 rear.. in that you can mount AR style tubes to it.. 

the problem with UBR on an AK is I think it hangs too low and rubs against your strong hand when running the weapon.. 

Pictures? Have you bought and used any drums with it yet? I want to get a few before the fed decide we can no longer buy them. I have people in Free America that can hold them for me until I escape.  :)

I reconfigured the handguard.. ditched the tube style and went back to the Kvar offering.. but cut the sling loop off of the Kvar handguard bracket so that I could mount the inforce light on the haley mount on the arsenal rail and just barely clear everything.. I think it is perfect..

I use the promag 12 round drums.. no issues.. find them to be plenty reliable..