tony357

Costco duracell 500 lumen led flashlight 2 pack

purchased a pack of these needed a new flashlight for work.

3 c cell led 500 lumen 3 positions low,high and strobe.. I did not realize they were made in china saw duracell and just assumed.

But i have to say this flashlight performs at 24.95 for the pair with batteries it is a good deal.

seems to be well made all aluminum construction very good lens..Telescopes in and out smooth operation.

pics taken off my porch lighting up neighbors house low then high..with beam zoomed in.When the beam is zoomed in it is square when you zoom out it turns round.

flashlight003_zps58cc43fc.jpg

flashlight001_zpsc71af15c.jpg

flashlight002_zps4fbcbe02.jpg

Thanks for posting that deal.  I am going to Costco tomorrow for some things I need and pick up one of these if they have them in TR.

I stocked up on the LED lanterns listed on Amazon last year just before Sandy.  Man was I glad I did that.  3 D cells and they throw out 300 lumens of light.

Here is a link

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078ZTWP4/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2C_ST1_dp_i1

Rayovac has a very similar light, but its twice the price.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018S4XIS/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2C_ST1_dp_i2

I grabbed three of the white ones and one Rayovac just to see the difference.  Stick with the white ones!

I bought these when Costco first got them. Seemed like these came in to replace the bigger, single pack 1000 lumen light (which we also have).

This 2 pack is a great deal for a very rugged, extremely bright light. And priced more at what LED's should be.

Although not listed as intrinsically safe, I keep one in my turnout gear at work for 90% of my hand light usage.

We keep the 2nd light in our camper with instructions to my wife to use for defense, first blind the perp then beat him with it.

Narrowed down, the beam will incapacitate your sight.

An update to my above post.

I went and got another pair for the cars after this thread started.

While very similar to the first pair, they are not the same.

1st pair, one push and the light is on full brightness. If off for a period of time (don't know exactly how long) a subsequent push is full brightness again.

If you desire a weaker beam or one of the flash modes you just keep turning on off, on off etc until the desired beam.

The new pair is initially on at low power, high power requires another push as well as the flash mode.

Personally I like the first pair better, but either set is a pretty bright inexpensive flashlight.

I picked up a pair based on your post and comments.  Both flashlights are impressively bright, sturdy enough for the price point.  Zoom well and generally feel pretty good.

One stopped functioning properly though.  The button now goes to low with one push, and off with the second push.  No high and no strobe.  Hoping they'll swap it, because I really do like them.

Joe