alec.mc

Real Deal Steel - November 17th 2013

I'm sure it's just his teacher.  :onthequiet:

He decided that he wants to learn how to shoot the Beretta 92FS because "its got a hammer and looks cool and all the movie superheros shoot them."  lol  I mean, it's true and all but that aside, he's not used to shooting it, and screwed the pooch on the first 2 stages.  The first shot in double action takes some getting used to and he did get better as the day went on. 

That aside, have you ever coached your own kid?  I've done it with baseball and now shooting.  It's a million time easier (and usually more effective) to have someone else teach your kid.  Nick was chiding me as I shook my head at my kid. lol

He decided that he wants to learn how to shoot the Beretta 92FS because "its got a hammer and looks cool and all the movie superheros shoot them."  lol  I mean, it's true and all but that aside, he's not used to shooting it, and screwed the pooch on the first 2 stages.  The first shot in double action takes some getting used to and he did get better as the day went on. 

That aside, have you ever coached your own kid?  I've done it with baseball and now shooting.  It's a million time easier (and usually more effective) to have someone else teach your kid.  Nick was chiding me as I shook my head at my kid. lol

You raise a very good point in that last paragraph.  I am far from an expert, but I was at a match where a woman was doing some things wrong and I talked to her husband about it.  I did not want to go up and correct someone's wife.  But when I told him he asked me to go tell her, as he figured it would have more value coming from someone other than him.  Sometimes family just won't listen, but they will when it comes from strangers.

I was trying to give him some basic pointers throughout the day, he has some bad habits he needs to break.

Again, from television - he has that Miami CSI cop stance.

CSI-Miami--H-and-Julia--Cliff-Lipson-764

That's one cross eye'd dominant ginger right there.

Taken my wife a couple of times to the range, i'm sure a kid would be easier to teach. :)