HBecwithFn7

"Out of the Box" Complaince...

I am curious - For you "experts" :) Are the following HGs (i.e. what is the "standard manufactured" configuration for that HG) considered NJ compliant  "Out of the box," or do any require any mods?

1. Sig Sauer P226 9mm (SKU # E26R-9-B no night sights, 15rnd mags)
  2. S & W M & P Shield 9mm (SKU # 180021)
  3. Beretta NANO (BU9 Nano 9x19mm Parabellum)?
  4. Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm Compact (SKU JXC9F)?

Thanks.

Regards,

HB

Thanks all!  The P226 is my 1st choice for "full size."   Still deciding on a compact carry size, but leaning towards the M & P Shield (which will please my weapons mentor :) ).  I've tried the NANO once.... not again... more difficult to control. The PX4 Storm was pretty good, but perhaps a bit too large for carry.

Now, the same question for a Mossberg 930 12G Semi auto.  That will be #3 in the inventory (or a 500).  :D

Thanks again.

I came so close to getting a Mossberg 930. I practically fell in love after handling Krdsrk's JM Pro during the last Clinton meet up. The two things to check are: 1) pistol grip and 2) magazine capacity

1. Pistol grip - if the gun has a pistol grip, illegal in NJ

2. Magazine capacity - the maximum permitted magazine capacity in NJ is 6 +1 capacity (6 in the magazine, 1 in the chamber). The "base" Mossberg 930 is 4+1, which is fine. There are alternative configurations with 7+1, which are not permitted in NJ. In case you happened to be looking at a JM Pro like Krdshrk's, that comes in 8+1 or 9+1 configurations. While not permitted in NJ, they can be neutered to be NJ compliant.

I came so close to getting a Mossberg 930. I practically fell in love after handling Krdsrk's JM Pro during the last Clinton meet up. The two things to check are: 1) pistol grip and 2) magazine capacity

1. Pistol grip - if the gun has a pistol grip, illegal in NJ

2. Magazine capacity - the maximum permitted magazine capacity in NJ is 6 +1 capacity (6 in the magazine, 1 in the chamber). The "base" Mossberg 930 is 4+1, which is fine. There are alternative configurations with 7+1, which are not permitted in NJ. In case you happened to be looking at a JM Pro like Krdshrk's, that comes in 8+1 or 9+1 configurations. While not permitted in NJ, they can be neutered to be NJ compliant.

Excellent info! Thanks!

I'd probably get whatever it is I'm getting as NJ compliant "out of the box," or it will have to wait to join my inventory when I "move out of state...." whenever that is (not currently planned).  I have future visions of some kind of LE 6920 class, but I'm not about to ruin a perfectly good collapsible stock by having it pinned. So it will have to wait.

But, for now, no pistol grip, 6+1. 

Thanks. :)

Happy to help. The only other thing I'd add is that I noticed a tendency for shotguns to be described in terms of total capacity instead of magazine capacity. So a 4+1 Mossberg 930 will usually be described as having a "5 round capacity". This is a contrast to handguns which are generally described in terms of magazine capacity.