Sign in to follow this  
Lecky

Truxxx lift kit

Hello, is anyone interested in installing a truxxx 2" lift kit on my 2013 Honda ridgeline? It would also need to have a 4 wheel alignment. The instructions say it takes about 3-4 hrs, I don't want to do it being it's a new truck, and having someone do it with the right tools and shop obviously makes the job go much smoother. thanks all.

How does one lift a minivan? Those things are unibody minivan based with full independent suspension IIRC. I'm not hating, but curious as to how they do it. I mean, is it cheap strut spacers or a true suspension lift?

Unless I'm fully mixing things up.

How does one lift a minivan? Those things are unibody minivan based with full independent suspension IIRC. I'm not hating, but curious as to how they do it. I mean, is it cheap strut spacers or a true suspension lift?

Unless I'm fully mixing things up.

It's not a minivan it's a honda ridgeline

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Being its 2" ...It's probably along the lines of the pickup "leveling kits"... Which as most know is just a 2" shock/strut spacer kit....not familiar with the ridgeline.... But if 4wids ....probably just 2sets...lol ...I know some that have put them in fords and had "bump steering" issues....

One issue with spacers, if you go too high, is coil bucket contact. Basically you upper control arm is now closer to it's travel limit, so if you hit a large pothole or bump you control arm can hit the coil bucket,(piece of metal that your strut assembly bolts to at the top). I put a spacer kit on my Nissan and have had zero issues, but I only went two inch's in the front and 1.5" in the rear. 

One issue with spacers, if you go too high, is coil bucket contact. Basically you upper control arm is now closer to it's travel limit, so if you hit a large pothole or bump you control arm can hit the coil bucket,(piece of metal that your strut assembly bolts to at the top). I put a spacer kit on my Nissan and have had zero issues, but I only went two inch's in the front and 1.5" in the rear.

all I'm going up is 2" also.

It is a spacer kit, what do you mean by bump steering?

It wasn't a ridgeline...it was a "redilift" kit on a 2012 ford f150....he bought the truck.....put 2k miles or so on it..bought the kit..took to the dealer had them install and realign....it is a front end only kit to do away with the rake/hotrod look....I drove him to the dealer to pick it up...and when we got back to his house...he asked me to drive it and see if I noticed anything weird....it was crazy....when you hit bumps like seams/repairs on the road perpendicular to the direction of travel....it would like shoot one way and the wheel would noticeably "turn"in your hands...he called the dealer and they told him..that it's called bump steering and that's just how it is with that kit on that truck...(probably bs) he dealt with it for a while ...but eventually had it removed...I also know others with the same kit with no issues....that link njken posted...seems to speak favorably on the kit you're talking about...so I'm sure it'll be fine...

thanks for the info, I will let you know how it goes. Looks like tonys 4x4 will do the work

It wasn't a ridgeline...it was a "redilift" kit on a 2012 ford f150....he bought the truck.....put 2k miles or so on it..bought the kit..took to the dealer had them install and realign....it is a front end only kit to do away with the rake/hotrod look....I drove him to the dealer to pick it up...and when we got back to his house...he asked me to drive it and see if I noticed anything weird....it was crazy....when you hit bumps like seams/repairs on the road perpendicular to the direction of travel....it would like shoot one way and the wheel would noticeably "turn"in your hands...he called the dealer and they told him..that it's called bump steering and that's just how it is with that kit on that truck...(probably bs) he dealt with it for a while ...but eventually had it removed...I also know others with the same kit with no issues....that link njken posted...seems to speak favorably on the kit you're talking about...so I'm sure it'll be fine...

The Honda Ridgeline is based off the Honda SUV's not minivans, either way it is a FWD transversally mounted engine in a unibody.  there are two ways to do the lift.  One is to simply have the placement of the spindles moved.  The other is to alter the lenght of the spring and shock.   Either way you are now introducing more wear on your CV joints and as such I would not recommend. 

Either way it is done you are dealing with the same types of lift as you would find in a suspension only lift kit for any other vehicle.

Err...

I'll cite Wikipedia as a reliable source that the Ridgeline is Odyssey based. To be specific, it is heavily related to the TL, Accord, Pilot, MDX, and Odyssey.

Also, it's completely different from lifting every other vehicle with the exception of new Explorers and similar vehicles. The thought of lifting something with a FWD bias makes me cringe which is why I asked in the first place. Although, in all honesty, there isn't much of a difference between the CV joints in a real 4x4 IFS and a FWD.

I'll still take a Dana 60 up front with manual locking hubs and a manual transfer case though..