diamondd817

Howell Township FID/P2P Process/Issues?

A guy I work with just submitted his paperwork to Howell township PD. He said the lady he made initial contact with to submit the paperwork asked him why he wanted a gun? Then she started asking questions that are on the application, he just said all the answers are on the application. He got to the point with her that he asked if she does the approval, she said no, so he told her to give it to the person who does and walked out. Is Howell township one of those PD's giving law abiding citizens a hard time? How has your experience been with Howell?

My buddy got his in less then 30 days from Howell. In fact their paperwork they send to references is the simplest form i have ever seen. Im really surprised about that. He just went in for more pistol permits last week and i already received his reference letter.

Howell is fast and friendly. There is only one woman that does the paperwork on a regular basis. I have never had an issue with questions, illegal questions, illegall additional information or any issues ither than the standard more than 30 days wait. 10 years, zero problems. Did he go to the old station by the library? I know they are moving a lot of the town offices to the huge complex on Rt.9 North across from where K mart .

By far the  best town i have ever delt with.  about 3 weeks to get mine, that was in 2012...   I have delt with 4 different towns now, Howell is awesome!  The older woman i spoke with at the window at the time was really friendly and seemingly pro-gun. 

Howell is fast and friendly. There is only one woman that does the paperwork on a regular basis. I have never had an issue with questions, illegal questions, illegall additional information or any issues ither than the standard more than 30 days wait. 10 years, zero problems. Did he go to the old station by the library? I know they are moving a lot of the town offices to the huge complex on Rt.9 North across from where K mart .

the PD is still by the library, its city hall that they moved to Rt 9

I wasn't sure if they will eventually end up there. Much nicer buildings and fast access to RT.9. Beside for what i pay in taxes here im supprised it took that long to move. The engineering building should be condemned. If im not mistaken her name is Josaphene.

I know our taxes suck.  I think they bought that building on rt9 for like 20million?  There is our tax money right there.

To top it off i got fined for our basketball net at the end of the driveway! They gave me 5 days to move it and it just so happened i didnt open the mail all week b.c I had the flu and by the time i opened the mail there was a 2nd notice saying i never moved it and i HAVE to go to court.

RAGE!

No, it would have to be on a really large piece of property, maybe a farm or something to meet the requirements for being away from any building...  I have never tried to find a property of such nature, but they certainly exist around town as there are some really huge farms in Howell.

I moved to Howell a year ago, everything came back in 5 weeks and went smoothly. The only complaint I DID have was that when they contacted my employer they didn't just verify employment, but also told them that I was applying for gun permits.

At the height of the mad rush, I got mine back from Howell PD in 6 weeks..  no questions asked, and the woman (Josephine) was VERY courteous and helpful.  Even the clerks who actually handed me my permits were nice & even mentioned to me getting them extended if I needed it.  I dont know who your friend talked to over there, but i found them to be very easy to deal with....  as BD said, they did send the form to my employer and it was a bit more than an employment verification, but for me, it didnt matter since i told the HR person ahead of time it was coming