peterk2000

10/22 TD Extractor Gone

Sounds like they were not seated properly in the bolt. If they where not in right, they will pop out on recoil. There are Youtube videos showing you how to properly seat the extractor spring and plunger on the extractor.

Did you notice if you had a weird noise or discharge of one of the rounds?  An out of battery discharge does weird things to the extractor and more. 

Consider it a blessing in disguise.  Ruger extractors are crap!  I wore out the extractor in my MkIII and 10/22 (same part by the way) in about 2000 rounds.  I will swear by the Volquartsen exact edge extractor.  The one in my MkIII probably has over 5000 rounds and it still throws the brass about 15 feet.

Ken

I have put well over 10,000 rounds through my 10/22, I wouldn't be suprised if I've put 20,000 rounds through it over 30 years.  Never had an issue with any parts not working.   I once replaced the front sight because I dropped the gun and chipped it.

I have put well over 10,000 rounds through my 10/22, I wouldn't be suprised if I've put 20,000 rounds through it over 30 years.  Never had an issue with any parts not working.   I once replaced the front sight because I dropped the gun and chipped it.

Older rugers seem to be of better quality.

Ken