big five

Salt shotgun rounds for birds

I got farmer permit and license but theres to many to shoot, plus I hate guttin and cleaning em

Are you even allowed to keep them on a farmer permit?  Years ago, I was under the impression they had to go into a mass grave type thing with no harvesting of any meat.

Jake and I really did get skunked this season, mostly due to lack off places to hunt -- If you ever needed a Father and son team to help with Deer control during the hunting season we'd be very willing --

Jake isn't afraid of a days work either, if you needed volunteers...

Shoot and bury those deer with the farm permit. As far as the bird goes. I had squirrels in my garage attic. They were tearing everything up. They eat the plastic coating off the electric wire. Theryre like goats. Theyll eat it all. Anyway i couldnt trap them or keep them out. Apparently they are higher on the evolutionary scale than i am. So i got my 10-22. So i realized it puts holes in the roof. Next. I got birdshot. Got em. As quick as you can pull the trigger. The ones outside 177 pellet high power sighted in. Then the left overs. A red tail hawk moved in and they got the rest. Coalition forces. Its been about 5 years now and no more have returned. Moral of story.... Use a red tail hawk. And birdshot works well too.

Spray 'em with a CO2 fire extinguisher.

Or get a 2 gallon sprayer and hit them with some thinned crude oil. Ever seen birds after an oil spill? 'Nough said. Or maybe some clear flooring adhesive.

I bet if you sprayed them with some denatured alcohol you'd knock them down. It is a fire hazard so be careful, but there are things that are worse for starting fires on construction materials. At least it is non-persistent.

If you can manage to project a quart of boiling water at them without hurting yourself it should do it. No small creatures survive drastic, sudden temperature changes. Perhaps out of a Potato Gun.

I'm trying to come up with stuff that won't hurt the house but will still be educational and fun for the whole family.

Ive also heard. If you fill a garage can with about a foot of water and put some bait inside it they fall in and they cant swim. So death is imminent Unless theyre flying squirrels. Then they can fly out. Ha

I once had an unfortunate incident with an inflatable kids pool and a squirrel