Polak

Magpul MS4 sling?

I do not like the current Magpul slings - MS2, MS3, & MS4. I bought some and have since cut the attachment points off the sling and chucked the rest, using the hardware on a BFG VCAS - which rocks by the way.

Magpul is now releasing their new sling, the MS1 with an updated slider and mix and match hardware so you can buy the attachment parts you want that will work the best on your rifle. It looks to be a better system all around and I am looking forward to trying it out soon.

I think it depends on your intended use ....if you simply want a sling to throw over your shoulder magpuls are ok...although there are far cheaper ones that would serve that purpose....but if you are planning on actually putting it "to use" I wouldn't recommend it ...a friend has one of the ms4 slings and while it's easy to quickly lengthen .....it WONT tighten one handed ...which to me alone would have me remove it from use...lol ...the one HE posted is far better

I have a MS3 on my rifle, and with my limited experience with other slings, I actually really like it. With it attached to a forward sling adapter and a 1 point adapter at the base of the stock, it can easily and fairly quickly go from a relaxed 2 point carry across your chest, to a snug 1 point. ...at least it can when you're training. I can imagine if you're taking fire and under durress, and your adrenaline hits and your hands start shaking, how it can quickly become like trying to do surgery in the back of a moving car on a bumpy road. lol.

But for what I use it for, I like it.

Shooting with a sling makes a big difference offhand, bench, sitting generally anyway. Try it youll see.the tighter it is and the more you cant feel your arm. The better shot youll have. When your arm is numb thats how you know its tight enough.