Sign in to follow this  
Smokin .50

.22 Smallbore Youth League/Club Near Cinnaminson?

I'm in need of some help from our South Jersey contingent.  I have a friend in Cinnaminson that has a pre-teen Daughter that wants to shoot more.  Mom and Daughter are watching the Women's Biathlon on TV and Daughter says, "Hey Mom, I'd like to try something like that".  So since I'm from Central Jersey and have never visited the clubs South of Citizen's, I'm in need of some help so I'm asking you folks to step-up and give me the heads-up.  The Daughter is interested in Precision Shooting, so you needn't worry about the skiing aspects of the Biathlon, just give me some info on which clubs sponsor Youth Smallbore Shoots.

Thanks everyone for reading and helping.

Dave 

Delran Junior Marksmen - on Taylor's Lane just over the Cinnaminson/Delran line (on the right coming from Cinnaminson) is open on weekends.  I do not know if they have a junior program.  I was a member years ago...its a good range.  They are open on weekends for shooting.  Their web page is:

http://www.delranjuniormarksman.com/

My "home" range is Telco - they have a junior program, but I know little about it.  Telco is in Atco, roughly across from Atco Drag Strip.  Telco is not an "open" range; they are open to non-members for trap on sundays at noon for february, then March thru November on Monday nights.  Telco is not open for general shooting.  Their web page is:

http://www.telcosportsmensclub.com/

There is a Youth Rifle League at SJSC (Winslow, Camden County) beginning in April

The flyer is attached

What is it?
South Jersey Shooting Club youth rifle league is a place for junior shooters to learn proper marksmanship skills and firearm safety. The program is based upon the NRA Winchester rifle small bore 4-position program, in which participants earn recognition through certificates and medals as they advance their marksmanship skills. All shooting will be done at 50 yards, on NRA smallbore approved targets. The 4 positions are Offhand, Kneeling, Sitting and Prone.

What are the requirements?
Must be between the ages of 10 and 17 years old.
Must have had formal safety training as in an NRA course or Hunters Ed certification (If not, an NRA basic rifle safety course will be offered, up to a max of 6 students. The cost for the course is $30 to cover material cost.)

Equipment needed?
Participants need to have a rifle of .22 or .17cal that fits them, safety glasses, ear protection and at least 50 rounds of ammo for their rifle. A shooting mat and sling for the rifle are strongly suggested but not mandatory.

When?
The dates for the safety course are 4/3/14 and 4/10/14 5:30pm to 8:00pm. You must make both classes in order to complete the rifle course.
The league dates are 4/16, 4/30, 5/14, 5/28, 6/11, 6/25, 7/9, 7/23, 8/6 and 8/20. The time for all dates is 6:00pm to 7:30pm.
There is a $2 target fee for each league shoot you participate in.

Contact
Shayne Simcox  [email protected] or 609-617-9121
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Master-rated Highpower Rifle competitor

SJSC youth.pdf

A23 50yd smallbore.pdf